• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

WF currently has one opening. It's going to Sarr if he wants it. WF would have two spots if Collins decides to leave. With their pursuit of Sarr, the one (current) spot looks to be for a post player. The second spot is where the uncertainty exists. Go with another big man to supplement the area? Add an experienced wing like Arians again?

Last edited:
WF currently has one opening. It's going to Sarr if he wants it. WF would have two spots if Collins decides to leave. With their pursuit of Sarr, the one (current) spot looks to be for a post player. The second spot is where the uncertainty exists? Go with another big man to supplement the area. Add an experienced wing like Arians again?

My reply was incorrect. Sorry.

Maybe Mit reached out to Sarr about Atlanta guaranteeing a Collins pick at 18...

If we do get Sarr I'd think another 3/4 combo would be the target. We'll have Crawford/Chill at the 1, Woods/Wilby at 2, Dinos/Sarr/SJM/Doral at the 4 and 5, with just a freshman Chaundee at 3. How Melo or DMitch fit there is a mystery, but neither are likely to shoot the 3 well. Essentially we just need another Arians to come off the bench.

Maybe Mit reached out to Sarr about Atlanta guaranteeing a Collins pick at 18...

If we do get Sarr I'd think another 3/4 combo would be the target. We'll have Crawford/Chill at the 1, Woods/Wilby at 2, Dinos/Sarr/SJM/Doral at the 4 and 5, with just a freshman Chaundee at 3. How Melo or DMitch fit there is a mystery, but neither are likely to shoot the 3 well. Essentially we just need another Arians to come off the bench.

I assume RWash is still on the team. Pretty clear to me that DM is going to stress the weight room to the kids, so don't be surprised to see both of the un-used frosh work hard in the weight room this offseason and get more significant burn next year.

Also, I'm sure that Wilby is going to get plenty of time playing defense at the 3 spot.

Sorry if I missed it, but are we interested in pursuing any kids who may go elsewhere due to coaching changes? Blake Harris maybe? I guess only if we prefer someone to Sarr or if Sarr goes elsewhere.

Sorry if I missed it, but are we interested in pursuing any kids who may go elsewhere due to coaching changes? Blake Harris maybe? I guess only if we prefer someone to Sarr or if Sarr goes elsewhere.

I can imagine us being incredibly interested in 4* SF Justin Smith if he does decommit from IU. We were his first HM offer in 2015

I can imagine us being incredibly interested in 4* SF Justin Smith if he does decommit from IU. We were his first HM offer in 2015

Coaching changes won't mean that the player would be immediately able to play, correct?

Not saying that we won't be interested in those kinds of players but they wouldn't provide immediate help if that is the case.

He would play immediately. He wouldn't be a transfer.

There appear to be a number of highly rated players asking for releases or decommitting from VCU, IU, and Washington. It would be great if we could capitalize on our success this year with one of them. Probably looking at a big even if we get Sarr or Collins leaves. I don't think we'd take another wing because that would make 3 wing players in the same class.

Did they change that rule? I was under the impression that you still had to sit out, regardless of a coaching change.

It would be 5 wings in two classes as well. But I think we take a legit Top 75 wing taller than 6-6 who can defend. It's up to Wash, Mitchell, and Melo to beat him out for playing time.

I love Chaudee's game, but he looks like a true SG. Ideally, he backs up Woods (or vice versa) and occasionally plays in a 3 guard lineup and we start a rangier wing at SF.

Did they change that rule? I was under the impression that you still had to sit out, regardless of a coaching change.

I think there may be confusion between a transfer and a decommit. I believe the sitting out a year only applies to transfers. A guy who never enrolled won't need to sit out a year. I could be totally wrong though.

You can be released from a NLOI (if you haven't taken any courses at the school) and not sit out. Some conferences have internal rules.

It would be 5 wings in two classes as well. But I think we take a legit Top 75 wing taller than 6-6 who can defend. It's up to Wash, Mitchell, and Melo to beat him out for playing time.

I love Chaudee's game, but he looks like a true SG. Ideally, he backs up Woods (or vice versa) and occasionally plays in a 3 guard lineup and we start a rangier wing at SF.

True, not all wings are created equally and I agree re: ChaunDeac's role. I guess any additions will come down to how the staff views our returning big men compared to our returning and incoming wings within the system they want to play.

If we're going to try and play a transition, offense from defense game, then another large, athletic wing would make sense. If we're going to replicate our offense from this year while improving our defense thru more athletic personnel, then another big man would make sense. Unless the staff thinks SJM and Moore (and potentially Sarr) can develop into Collins' role.

And hell, it's not like we were world-beaters this year. We're probably in a position where we just take the best players that want to come here and sort out the positions later.

If we do get Sarr I'd think another 3/4 combo would be the target. We'll have Crawford/Chill at the 1, Woods/Wilby at 2, Dinos/Sarr/SJM/Doral at the 4 and 5, with just a freshman Chaundee at 3.

That's a lot of bodies for the 4/5, but not a lot of true post experience in college. All else being equal, I would rather have a post-grade PF/C who has proven he can defend and rebound against D-1 bigs.

yeah. I am an idiot. I was thinking of a current player and not a recruit/commit. Sorry. I am neg repping myself.

I love Chaudee's game, but he looks like a true SG.
Ideally, he backs up Woods (or vice versa) and occasionally plays in a 3 guard lineup and we start a rangier wing at SF.

I get the same sense.

That's a lot of bodies for the 4/5, but not a lot of true post experience in college. All else being equal, I would rather have a post-grade PF/C who has proven he can defend and rebound against D-1 bigs.

Send 'em to big man camp!

Back