• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Haha. Apparently it was a standard hazing thing they'd do to first year varsity players but the sophmore football player they were after was a no show. Then, I walked in. Catholic high school. Rockhurst high school, and back in those days, the school quietly fed the poor kids early so there was oranges laying around.

But like I said, I took the beating fairly well. I was a tiny freshman, 5'0" 100 lbs. I will say I smelled great all day and I was smart enough not to turn in our starting quarterback and starting point guard (we had no baseball team), so I earned some points that day.

He was a big rock head though. I was pretty surprised when he became player's rep. Cone went straight to rookie league baseball after high school. No college.

I went to high school with David Cone in Kansas City. He once beat me up with a pillow case filled with oranges. I was a high school frosh, he was a junior or senior, cannot exactly remember. I went to the lunch room before school started to meet someone and didn't know it was "off limits" except to dudes wearing letters - on varsity teams. All boys school. He was cool to me after as I apparently take a beating well.

We need gaybone's response to this. Stat.

Is this back to back weekend trips to Wake for Nickelberry?

Melo's list of offers doesn't look like a 3*- Xavier, Miami, UConn, the real USC and other P5s.

It will be interesting to see what Danny Manning does recruiting wise with some wind in his sails after this season because he did pretty damn good when he was going upstream with no paddles, excuse the mixed boat metaphors.

I wonder which PF/C grad-transfers will be available if Collins goes pro. Any fringe-pro prospect should see the appeal in playing under Manning given Collins' development.

It will be interesting to see what Danny Manning does recruiting wise with some wind in his sails after this season because he did pretty damn good when he was going upstream with no paddles, excuse the mixed boat metaphors.

The fact that you recognize your 'metaphor mixing' is what puts this board a cut...or three above most others.

Carry on.

Hey, you can paddle a sailboat, and you may be advised to do so going up a narrow stream, or in any narrow channel, if you don't have a motor.

Just a thought. :D

I went to high school with David Cone in Kansas City. He once beat me up with a pillow case filled with oranges. I was a high school frosh, he was a junior or senior, cannot exactly remember. I went to the lunch room before school started to meet someone and didn't know it was "off limits" except to dudes wearing letters - on varsity teams. All boys school. He was cool to me after as I apparently take a beating well.

an excellent qualification for the Wake Forest community

Back