• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Will be very interesting if the staff can land both Muscius and Hoard. We're in excellent shape with both right now.

Plenty of minutes available at the 2, 3, and 4.

I know we discussed this on the last recruiting thread (#RIP), but since we are nearing the 5 year mark that Randolph has been an employee at Wake, it's worth looking into taking Brandon off of scholarship to free up an extra one. One of our guys took at look at the by-laws of the NCAA to see if it was alright to do so.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/4...-demon-deacon-basketball-recruiting-childress

TL;DR - Unless there is an ACC-specific rule we don't know why this isn't a viable option should we need/want the extra scholarship.

I didn't realize we were listed as "warm" for Mucius and Hoard. Has this been the case or is it a new thing?

Been the case for at least a month or so. I know it was mentioned in this thread a while ago.

Very exciting stuff indeed. Lets get Sarr and a solid grad transfer this year and line up Hoard, Dotson and Mucius for 2018. We'll be in great shape if we can do that. One may say "we'd be back"

Has anyone thought about the fact that American recruiting is not something Sarr totally understands? He's just become a part of it over the past 2-4 months. Could he possibly not understand nuances like the difference between committing and signing? Or that people expect to hear a commitment?

I certainly think it's within the realm of possibility that he doesn't know about this thread title.

Has anyone thought about the fact that American recruiting is not something Sarr totally understands? He's just become a part of it over the past 2-4 months. Could he possibly not understand nuances like the difference between committing and signing? Or that people expect to hear a commitment?

I'm sure no one's explained it to him and he just plans to show up at whatever school he chooses in the fall with no prior notification.

I wonder if Danny has any interest in:

Dedric, K.J. Lawson to transfer from Memphis
1:22 PM ET
Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer
Memphis forwards Dedric and K.J. Lawson are leaving the program and will transfer, the brothers announced Wednesday.

"We are born and raised in Memphis, love the city with all of our hearts; however, we must do what is best for our future, our dreams, and our family, so we plan to transfer from the university," the release from the family stated.

"While we have enjoyed our tenure here, the time has come for us to explore some new opportunities. It is for that reasons we are asking for a release from The University of Memphis Men's Basketball program."

Sarr was also selected to the French U-18 national squad, so he may be preoccupied with that situaiton, too. He is not a particularly obscure prospect, either, so there is always the (very realistic) chance that he will just go pro.

I certainly think it's within the realm of possibility that he doesn't know about this thread title.

I would hope not.

Back