• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Basketball Recruiters (NWT)

Todd Fuller or Tim Fuller?

Gotta think it's Tim. Believe he's the stud recruiter at Louisville that is bringing them in by the truckload.

Gotta think it's Tim. Believe he's the stud recruiter at Louisville that is bringing them in by the truckload.

Wake grad as well.

Should be the first call should Battle leave imo.

Haha, I would hope in the event that happens (fingers crossed) we could get someone with head coaching experience.

You mean like [Redacted]?

*duck and cover*

You know what I mean.

(not trying to turn this into another [Redacted] thread).

Well what I was getting at is I don't see why a Louisville assistant (now with Missouri actually) would take a job at Wake if he wasn't going to be the head man. Would be a step down for him at this point.

Well what I was getting at is I don't see why a Louisville assistant (now with Missouri actually) would take a job at Wake if he wasn't going to be the head man. Would be a step down for him at this point.

You don't see why someone who played and worked at Wake Forest (3 years as DBO) would want to return? He has spent near a third of his life in the Triad.

Louisville to Missouri was a step down too (and, recent history being damned, Missouri to Wake Forest isn't a step down), and it didn't even come with the title bump I implicitly suggested (assistant coach to associate head coach).

Last edited:
You don't see why someone who played and worked at Wake Forest (3 years as DBO) would want to return? He has spent near a third of his life in the Triad.

Louisville to Missouri was a step down too (and, recent history being damned, Missouri to Wake Forest isn't a step down), and it didn't even come with the title bump I implicitly suggested (assistant coach to associate head coach).

But didn't he still move a seat closer to the head coach?

And his biggest workplace connection at Wake is the guy he's working for at Missouri. The other is Ernie Nestor. Any guesses where he is?

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if Fuller comes back to be an assistant under [Redacted]. That would be in-frickin-sane. Fuller is probably 3 years away from being a head coach at a major conference school. Missouri has talent on hand...why would he go to a shitshow like Wake currently is to do the same job he does at Missouri for the people that were at Wake when he was there?

Last edited:
But didn't he still move a seat closer to the head coach?

And his biggest workplace connection at Wake is the guy he's working for at Missouri. The other is Ernie Nestor. Any guesses where he is?

You of course realize that Tim Fuller has already left Frank Haith once in order to take the same position at Wake Forest, right? He spent all of 6 months as Miami's DBO before he took the DBO job on Skip Prosser's staff (and all evidence is that he had no prior relationship with Prosser or anyone else on Prosser's staff).

Frankly, the only reason I think he might not take the Associate Head Coach position at Wake Forest if offered (with appropriate compensation, etc) is if he didn't think [Redacted] would be around for long.

Last edited:
You of course realize that Tim Fuller has already left Frank Haith once in order to take the same position at Wake Forest, right? He spent all of 6 months as Miami's DBO before he took the DBO job on Skip Prosser's staff (and all evidence is that he had no prior relationship with Prosser or anyone else on Prosser's staff).

Frankly, the only reason I think he might not take the Associate Head Coach position at Wake Forest if offered (with appropriate compensation, etc) is if he didn't think [Redacted] will be around for long.

Miami doesn't equal Missouri. At all.

[Redacted] doesn't equal Prosser. At all.

Haith is a more experienced coach now at a better program that looks to offer Fuller the opportunity to showcase as the lead assistant in preparating for a head gig.

The only reason I can see that he should consider an assoc HC position is if he thought [Redacted] wasn't going to be around for long and got assurance from Wellman that he'd be considered for the HC job. Even then, that's a lot of maybes when you can stay where you are, probably win 20-25 games this year and go from there and likely be a better candidate when [Redacted] actually would be gone (in the scenario).

Just wouldn't be a good career move at all.

Miami doesn't equal Missouri. At all.

[Redacted] doesn't equal Prosser. At all.

Haith is a more experienced coach now at a better program that looks to offer Fuller the opportunity to showcase as the lead assistant in preparating for a head gig.

The only reason I can see that he should consider an assoc HC position is if he thought [Redacted] wasn't going to be around for long and got assurance from Wellman that he'd be considered for the HC job. Even then, that's a lot of maybes when you can stay where you are, probably win 20-25 games this year and go from there and likely be a better candidate when [Redacted] actually would be gone (in the scenario).

Just wouldn't be a good career move at all.

Hard to argue with someone who knows all of Fuller's thoughts, but I'll leave it at this:

You seem to be completely disregarding the emotional appeal of returning to his alma mater while using a similar argument for his latest switch. He left Rick Pitino for Frank Haith. How good of a career move was that?

Also, I would assume that Nestor is the #1 assistant.

Last edited:
Thought the Travis Ford as "Overrated" recruiter was interesting. Who actually thinks he's any good? Oklahoma State picks up a big time recruit every once in a while, but their classes have generally sucked ever since Ford got there.

Didn't most here think that he would be a good hire for us? I'm not baiting, I just really don't recall that well.

Back