• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Basketball Recruiters (NWT)

Yes, I did admit that you were correct on the one single fact that we have discussed.

Which was supposedly the one for which I had to be forgiven, only it wasn't?

Actually, it seems there was a mistake since you regretted that post enough to delete it.

Seems? Present tense? No. Seemed...past tense, to you. I can't do anything about your misreads of my actions.

The way you handle yourself is shockingly disgraceful; this is why you are always "in trouble." You invite it.

How the fuck did I invite this? By correcting you, and then deciding it wasn't worth being right because I knew it would cause a big fight, but not doing so fast enough to avoid you making a fucking fool of yourself?

You are wrong, ok? 100% wrong. No basketball coach in the goddamn world is going to make the move you suggest. NOT. ONE. Wake Forest's basketball program is in the fucking shitcan right now and Missouri has a raft of talent waiting to converted into success. Missouri's also going to the SEC and should have more money as a result. There are so many ways your logic is wrong I doubt I could cover them all. It's all so completely ridiculous that I wish I knew at the outset that you were really committed to this idea rather than merely being misguided because I would have never wasted my time with someone who is so clearly ignorant.

If I'm gonna be "in trouble", might as well get my fucking money's worth.

You'll forget what? That you're wrong, and ridiculously so?

I am trying to be nice, don't patronize and antagonize.

This would be the problem post.

The underlying issue is that you seem to think your opinion is fact. It isn't, but you are a troll.

This would be the problem post.

The underlying issue is that you seem to think your opinion is fact. It isn't, but you are a troll.

No, the problem is that you f'ed up, and then tried to "get even" by finding something you thought I f'ed up, only I didn't.

I'm the one that's right, I'm trying to give you correct information about Fuller's status, and insight as to how things work in the business, and I'm the troll.

You make about as much sense as these Penn State idiots.

No, the problem is that you f'ed up, and then tried to "get even" by finding something you thought I f'ed up, only I didn't.

I'm the one that's right, I'm trying to give you correct information about Fuller's status, and insight as to how things work in the business, and I'm the troll.

You make about as much sense as these Penn State idiots.

I was absolutely not trying to "get even". As I clarified when you took offense (as you always do).

That's your other problem, you think everyone is out to get you when the simple truth is most of us don't give a damn about you.

I was absolutely not trying to "get even". As I clarified when you took offense (as you always do).

That's your other problem, you think everyone is out to get you when the simple truth is most of us don't give a damn about you.

Yeah, that's why you've kept this discussion going all evening when it could have been ended a long time ago. Because you don't give a damn.

I didn't give a damn but that wasn't good enough.

I don't care what you say now, it was obvious then that you were trying to cover up for your mistake and trying to play gotcha with me. Problem is, I don't make too many mistakes, though getting involved in a discussion with you was certainly one of them. Terrible idea...no chance you have something to teach me on this topic.

But good job baiting me into this mess.

Last edited:
I think I would rather get back to some intelligent discussion rather than yet another stupid pissing match. Please disregard.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why you've kept this discussion going all evening when it could have been ended a long time ago. Because you don't give a damn.

I didn't give a damn but that wasn't good enough.

I don't care what you say now, it was obvious then that you were trying to cover up for your mistake and trying to play gotcha with me. Problem is, I don't make too many mistakes, though getting involved in a discussion with you was certainly one of them. Terrible idea...no chance you have something to teach me on this topic.

But good job baiting me into this mess.

The heavens play cruel games on all of us, Kanho, and apparently the one its playing on you, my friend, is that your wisdom is so much higher than the common folk that they cannot comprehend its power. One day they will need you though. You are Rudolph. Take Blitzen's shit with grace, watch the reindeer games from the sidelines, and keep your head held high, because there will be a foggy Christmas Eve, Kanho, and guess who won't be laughed at on that day.

KA, let's change gears a bit here and consider an hypothetical. Suppose it's 2013. Wake won 13 games during the 2011-2012 season (a bit above projections, but still reasonable) and 17-19 games during the 2012-2013 season. During the same stretch Missouri has performed much like it did Anderson's last two years. Pretty well, but not quite to expectations. Fuller meanwhile hasn't been presented with a mid-major opportunity to his liking so he's still on the Missouri staff. Under those circumstances (Wake plainly on its way out of the abyss and Missouri basically treading water), do you still say there would be very little chance he would come to Wake to be the associate head coach?

I get your point that right now the Wake Forest program is a train wreck and a hot prospect wouldn't consider a job, not even if it was his alma mater, but I was never talking about right now because Wake isn't looking for a coach right now. If Battle had left after last year, I agree that it would have been fairly unlikely. But in 2 years or even after this season? I think the chances are a lot stronger, but perhaps I am overly optimistic for the progress that our program will make and over estimating Fuller's preference for coaching at his Alma mater.

Last edited:
Listen, man. I tried to step in here and calm Kanho down, but if you're going to drag him into another war, he's gonna have to whip out his IQ and pummel you with it again, and this time I'm getting out of the way before the radiation from the A-bomb of knowledge he drops gives me cancer.

Everyone is always out to get the unbelievably irrelevant NC State for some reason.
Wow...........this from the king of irrelevant schools. The one having to cancel 10 of their athletic programs because they cannot get enough fans to go to their revenue sports to pay for other sports? Yes, that one.

Or the one that no bowls want because they know the fans will not show up? Yep, that one.

I'm most into basketball.

1234931504682.jpg

Or the one that no bowls want because they know the fans will not show up? Yep, that one.

Wake Forest has a small fan base, yada yada yada. You're not going to prove that NC State is relevant by talking shit about Wake. You're school isn't relevant just because you have a big fan base.

Fuller meanwhile hasn't been presented with a mid-major opportunity to his liking so he's still on the Missouri staff. Under those circumstances (Wake plainly on its way out of the abyss and Missouri basically treading water), do you still say there would be very little chance he would come to Wake to be the associate head coach?

I get your point that right now the Wake Forest program is a train wreck and a hot prospect wouldn't consider a job, not even if it was his alma mater, but I was never talking about right now because Wake isn't looking for a coach right now. If Battle had left after last year, I agree that it would have been fairly unlikely. But in 2 years or even after this season? I think the chances are a lot stronger, but perhaps I am overly optimistic for the progress that our program will make and over estimating Fuller's preference for coaching at his Alma mater.

If the same coach was still in charge, it might be more likely. But I'm not sure how big a draw being an assistant at your alma mater is, especially when the head coach isn't the same. Being the head coach, completely different ball of wax.

And no, I don't have a memorized list of coaches and alma maters, nor I can find a quick reference online. But I cannot see coaching at Wake under [Redacted] a bigger draw than coaching at Missouri under Haith and with Nestor. He basically has the same support system he had at Wake there now. And I cannot remember very many coaches leaving their alma mater, then coming back to be an assistant coach. I do remember more that came back to be the head coach (Gary Williams, Bob Huggins, Roy Williams, Mick Cronin, Lorenzo Romar, Mike Anderson -- not his alma mater but he spent 17 years at Arkansas).

The only exception I've got is Matt Painter, who came back from a head coaching job to basically be the head coach in waiting at Purdue.

Fuller didn't leave Wake for another coaching position. He retired to work for Nike, then resumed coaching at Louisville after several years off.

Fuller didn't leave Wake for another coaching position. He retired to work for Nike, then resumed coaching at Louisville after several years off.

Do you think this is a critical distinction? That he left is the main point, I think. And it's not like he left to go trade stocks or something. He was still in basketball.

Wake Forest has a small fan base, yada yada yada. You're not going to prove that NC State is relevant by talking shit about Wake. You're school isn't relevant just because you have a big fan base.
Dude, you totally wiffed on this one. I was responding to a Maryland poster.

I no longer follow recruiting with the rabid obsession I used to (e.g. calling Mike Sulivan's 1-900 number every week or so back in the day). I assumed Coach Krzyzewski would be #1 or 2 on the list, but he's not even top 5. Is that legit? It still seems to me K targets who he wants and gets them, but like I said, I may be missing some of his high profile misses.

Do you think this is a critical distinction? That he left is the main point, I think. And it's not like he left to go trade stocks or something. He was still in basketball.

He was a sales rep for Nike. It's pretty obviously a critical distinction.

Wow...........this from the king of irrelevant schools. The one having to cancel 10 of their athletic programs because they cannot get enough fans to go to their revenue sports to pay for other sports? Yes, that one.

Maybe, but the point on NC State still stands.

Back