• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best wine for under $40

I'll also add that if you do go the wine fridge route, pay close attention to the way the bottles fit and reviews that cover real-world capacity. I almost pulled the trigger on a cheaper model but then found some great photos and reviews that showed how the capacity assumes a max shelf layout and only works with standard bordeaux bottles. Even with 95% reds (and more than half of them Cabs) my bottle types are all over the place - burgundy, rhone, whatever the tall ones are called, etc.

On that model it assumes 12 per row and they're pre-fit for classic (ie, thin/tall) bordeaux bottles. So for every bottle that didn't fit you have to remove a shelf and dedicate that row to fatties. Plus they alternate back to front so the same thing went for tall bottles. One guy only got like 60% of stated capacity.

This is a good point. Some of our shelves are very tight for fatties, to the point where they will even scrape the labels on occasion.

Define super cheap?

I only need one to hold between 30-50 bottles.
there seems to be far less of a range at that size, so i'd go middle of the road...lots of good options in the $500 range.

also, buy larger than you think you need if budget allows. you'll fill it up.

Got 2 bottles of chard and one pinot noir already. All $45+ bought for less than $20. I'm such a sucker for Last Bottle.

same. my wife rolls her eyes at me about these things

I got the Ribbon Ridge too. The 2016. Also got Murgialdai Getariako Txakolina 2021, Flaneur Wines La Belle Promenade Pinot Noir 2019, Molina Barbaresco Ausario 2019 and Gordenker Cabernet Sauvignon 2016. I'm pretty much done. If I see an interesting white <$50 I might pull the trigger but I'm good on reds.
Just tried the Ribbon Ridge tonight. Delicious! Got flavors of cherry, cola, tea and some floral notes. Hope to see another one this marathon. Would totally drink it again.

I had the Txakolina as well not tonight but earlier and didn't care for it. It was very thin. Got some acidity and stone fruit but honestly just tasted like flavored water.

Just tried the Ribbon Ridge tonight. Delicious! Got flavors of cherry, cola, tea and some floral notes. Hope to see another one this marathon. Would totally drink it again.

I had the Txakolina as well not tonight but earlier and didn't care for it. It was very thin. Got some acidity and stone fruit but honestly just tasted like flavored water.
this just came up on the marathon....thanks for the heads up.

I have high hopes for this $48 for $12 Petroni Red Blend from Moon Mountain. Their Sangiovese from the last marathon was really good.

Go to LastBottle.com now

Buy wine at discounts

Discuss tomorrow

It’s almost over and then it’s back to the normal slow pace

Back