• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big 5 conference money disparity could lead to a shake up with the Big 12

“From an athletics perspective, this has not been our best year,” Currie said Monday during a wide-ranging forum with reporters. “To finish eighth in football and eighth in men’s basketball is not really our goal or our expectation. Nor is it what our coaches feel is acceptable.”

Refreshing.

I can't see Currie leaving KSU to come here unless a Big 4 landscape develops in which the ACC stays intact and the Big XII is torn apart.

The assumption that every Wake grad would want to come back to Wake is quite presumptuous. He should be the first call as a consultant or if we are recruiting alums for the search committee.

I can't see Currie leaving KSU to come here unless a Big 4 landscape develops in which the ACC stays intact and the Big XII is torn apart.

The assumption that every Wake grad would want to come back to Wake is quite presumptuous. He should be the first call as a consultant or if we are recruiting alums for the search committee.

Yeah, John Mackovic came back and after having great success his second year couldn't wait to get out after his third year. Also look at former Deacs whose kids went to play for Big 4 rivals. Wake doesn't engender a lot of loyalty among its athletes, at least comparatively I'd think.

There is a rumor going around Kansas Gov Sam Brownback is going to step down and take the K-State job. Brownback is wildly unpopular right now in the state. Something like that could make Currie want to switch jobs.

Wasn't saying he'd take it, but he should definitely be contacted about it as you mentioned. A number of Wake alums would be good candidates.

Currie, Tom Kleinlein (current AD at Georgia Southern, played football at WFU & worked in the academic office), and Michael Kelly, current COO of the College Football Playoff, would all be good candidates.

Back