• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

It was posted in the billboard thread, but this should draw some attention to the article.

Patti Petree, one of three generations of her family to graduate from Wake Forest, cringed when the topic came up. She voiced her disapproval of a digital billboard — just off Business I-40 in Winston-Salem — that called for the dismissal of Athletics Director Ron Wellman.

"I don’t like it,” she said. “That’s not the Wake Forest Way.

Can someone please explain what in the hell "The Wake Forest Way" means?

Patti Petree, one of three generations of her family to graduate from Wake Forest, cringed when the topic came up. She voiced her disapproval of a digital billboard — just off Business I-40 in Winston-Salem — that called for the dismissal of Athletics Director Ron Wellman.

#Culture

ETA: I really have no honest answer for you. I guess it means integrity and upstanding? I have no clue.

Wow. The Brian Stratton response is actually really solid.

And here I thought that the "Wake Forest Way" meant always striving to be the best that you could be.

I agree with the conclusion TITSWF came to on Twitter. Bottom line is that while Wake fans may disagree on the billboard, everyone seems to agree that the results are unacceptable and that change is needed.

#Culture

ETA: I really have no honest answer for you. I guess it means integrity and upstanding? I have no clue.

It means sitting back, being complacent, and reminding yourself how goddamned happy you should be with only a "kind of" losing season and a coach who at least TRIED to win a post-season game once. "LOWF" should be tattooed on these morons' foreheads.

Yeah, what is this "the Wake Forest Way"? Wake has only one way? Have we turned into some sort of one-party state? Maybe we could call Dennis Rodman to help?

The rumblings can warp the lens through which Wake Forest’s teams are viewed. After all, are things really that bad, especially for a school with the smallest enrollment and athletics budget in the ACC?

There are those who expect more than mediocrity.

Wake Forest has to win its last two football games to become bowl eligible and finish the regular season 6-6. The Deacons haven’t had a winning football season since 2008 and are 23-36 during the four seasons since.

Wake Forest basketball is undefeated at 4-0, but the majority of fans are conditioned to wait for the sky to inevitably fall. The team has had losing records in each of its three seasons under [Redacted], whose teams are 38-60 overall and 11-39 in the ACC.

Mediocrity? That's a pile of dog shit and so is this article.

Last edited:
The rumblings can warp the lens through which Wake Forest’s teams are viewed. After all, are things really that bad, especially for a school with the smallest enrollment and athletics budget in the ACC?

This line made me want to cry.

(To be clear, discdude was quoting a line from the article.)

There are those who expect more than mediocrity.

Wake Forest has to win its last two football games to become bowl eligible and finish the regular season 6-6. The Deacons haven’t had a winning football season since 2008 and are 23-36 during the four seasons since.

Wake Forest basketball is undefeated at 4-0, but the majority of fans are conditioned to wait for the sky to inevitably fall. The team has had losing records in each of its three seasons under [Redacted], whose teams are 38-60 overall and 11-39 in the ACC.

Mediocrity? That's a pile of dog shit and so is this article.

not even close to qualifying for an NIT berth during our current coach's tenure is worse than mediocrity, especially when his two predecessors got us #1 rankings

Back