• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

"I’m disappointed we’re not winning more games,” Budd said, “but my confidence in Ron Wellman and the leadership has never been stronger. My frustration with the fan base has never been weaker.”

So is he mad at the fanbase or proud of the fanbase????

"I’m disappointed we’re not winning more games,” Budd said, “but my confidence in Ron Wellman and the leadership has never been stronger. My frustration with the fan base has never been weaker.”

So is he mad at the fanbase or proud of the fanbase????

I was also very confused by that quote.

Doesn't one of the billboards address Casstevens? Yet their is no mention of him in the article. Fucking weak reporting from the Journal.

Doesn't one of the billboards address Casstevens? Yet their is no mention of him in the article. Fucking weak reporting from the Journal.

It is like Casstevens is some mythical 3rd rail for local journalists. Dan Collins still hasn't touched on that, which I can't understand.

It is like Casstevens is some mythical 3rd rail for local journalists. Dan Collins still hasn't touched on that, which I can't understand.

So is addressed in one of the two ads, right? I could never get a straight answer of the billboard thread about what was actually up there.

It means sitting back, being complacent, and reminding yourself how goddamned happy you should be with only a "kind of" losing season and a coach who at least TRIED to win a post-season game once. "LOWF" should be tattooed on these morons' foreheads.

Tattoos? Oh Heavens No!
Lapel pins, maybe...?

As far as the bullshit attendance stuff goes, can someone who still attends the games try to take photos of the stands each game to show how there's nobody there anymore? Keep an archive somewhere?

As far as the bullshit attendance stuff goes, can someone who still attends the games try to take photos of the stands each game to show how there's nobody there anymore? Keep an archive somewhere?

Deacsfan27 typically takes a pic around the tipoff and posts the pic on his Twitter and we typically post it in the recaps on blogger so dear.

Tipoff might not be truly reflective of the crowd size, but an archive of those photos might be a good counter to the attendance talking point.

I love the spin they put on donations being up 3%. A 3% annual increase in fundraising is TERRIBLE for an AD. Many people have built in escalators on their donations each year. A 3% increase would account for probably 10-15 larger accounts having their yearly escalator. What a joke.

I love the spin they put on donations being up 3%. A 3% annual increase in fundraising is TERRIBLE for an AD. Many people have built in escalators on their donations each year. A 3% increase would account for probably 10-15 larger accounts having their yearly escalator. What a joke.

Or a certain someone playing around with the numbers...

Need a photo with a timestamp on it. Take it at the first tv timeout of each game. At that point everyone should be in their seats, and no one will have left yet...hopefully.

Brian Stratton posted a reply to Hamilton's column...I am re-posting it here as it gets to the crux of the matter.....

Do you know if the Petrees or Ken Budd are aware that Ron Wellman hired Randy Casstevens as the department's Finance Director? Many folks in Winston lost their jobs and entire life savings because of his alleged stock price manipulation at Krispy Kreme. The link to your coverage of the KKD scandal is at: http://www.journalnow.com/business/article_23f0fabe-7c73-5929-9114-587e5d574713.html
I would hope that the Petree's and Ken Budd's comments would be different if they were aware of his employment in such a high level position within the university.

The campaigns are as much about "accountability" as they are "winning." A good majority of the fan base no longer believe the spin and misleading statements coming from the athletics department. After all, Ron Wellman employed Casstevens while using "culture change" and "doing things the right way" as his reasons for retaining [Redacted]. I would politely argue that promoting "culture change" while employing an alleged former "book cooker" is not and will never be the Wake Forest way.

Another example of the spin is in this story. Steve Shutt claims above that we have the 4th highest basketball attendance in the ACC. What Steve isn't telling you is that they are counting tickets sold (and many, many more given away) and not butts in the seats. Have you been to any of this games this year? I would be shocked if actual butts in the seats totaled 1,000. The fans have already voted.

I personally believe in the core values of integrity and honesty of Wake Forest University. I also strongly believe that Ron Wellman should not be allowed to trample all over those core values. I have traded emails with Dr Hatch about the spin and value conflict issues within the athletics department. He did return my emails but did nothing to address the concerns. The intent of the campaigns are not to shame the university in any way. They are to make alumni and supporters aware of what is actually going on so that they can demand the appropriate changes.

Thanks for listening and covering the story.

Go Deacs!!!

I'd like to see some comparative stats from actual competent athletic departments, but intuition tells me you are right. 3% barely beats inflation.

Back