• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

This line made me want to cry.

(To be clear, discdude was quoting a line from the article.)

Yeah, this line sums up the LOWF mentality that we despise and rail against all the time on here. So pathetic and makes my blood boil a little bit. Did Dave Odom think "Gee, I'm trying too hard to maintain this level of success! Why go after 2 ACC Tourney Titles in a row when getting one should get me a statue outside the Joel!! Have you seen my budget??"

SHAME ON YOU HAMILTON! THAT WAS SOME GARBAGE, DEFEATIST SPIN RIGHT THERE.

Good thing our football players didn't think this way before taking on GT in the 2006 ACC Championship game.

Last edited:
Need a photo with a timestamp on it. Take it at the first tv timeout of each game. At that point everyone should be in their seats, and no one will have left yet...hopefully.

Great idear! +1

Attendance should be awesome for a Friday night game vs The Citadel!!

We can start doing that if you wish.

I think that would make a great advertisement at the end of the year. Put it in the OGB with a collage of the attendance pictures. Caption it would something like:

'If a picture is worth a thousand words, how valuable is a picture of thousands of empty seat? Wake Forest Basketball deserves better.'

Something like that. We all know that the photos are going to look bad because we all know that attendance is going to be bad all year.

I'd like to see some comparative stats from actual competent athletic departments, but intuition tells me you are right. 3% barely beats inflation.

Given my time in development and ticketing at an SEC program (with championship football history,) 3% would have been very poor. Like you said, it barely beats inflation and can account for 1 major gift, or people doing the typical 110% program to get more DC points. Keep in mind that 110% of several $500,000+ accounts is a ton. The real number that I'd like to see is percentage of accounts that went inactive, and how many new accounts started in the last 3 years compared to the previous 3. You can't spin those.

Last edited:
Given my time in development and ticketing at an SEC program (with championship football history,) 3% would have been very poor. Like you said, it barely beats inflation and can account for 1 major gift, or people doing the typical 110% program to get more DC points. Keep in mind that 110% of several $500,000+ accounts is a ton. [B]The real number that I'd like to see is percentage of accounts that went inactive, and how many new accounts started in the lat 3 years compared to the previous 3. You can't spin those.

If someone find this please send it my way!

There is a time to be patient an supportive. There is also a time to express discontent and rise up. When the "Wake Forest Way" becomes about spin, lying, hypocrisy, ego, excuses, and aspiring to mediocrity, then the time to rise up and express the discontent is well past due. Those values should never represent my alma mater. Those who do not believe that is where things are right now are fooling themselves.

Given my time in development and ticketing at an SEC program (with championship football history,) 3% would have been very poor. Like you said, it barely beats inflation and can account for 1 major gift, or people doing the typical 110% program to get more DC points. Keep in mind that 110% of several $500,000+ accounts is a ton. The real number that I'd like to see is percentage of accounts that went inactive, and how many new accounts started in the last 3 years compared to the previous 3. You can't spin those.

Also, didn't someone note that there was a capital campaign likely included in those figures? Maybe something for the Joel purchase/remodel? 1-2 large gifts for that project may have been the only thing keeping the year to year increase from actually being in the negative.

In the pics you'll be able to see the score as well as time remaining in the game/half.

ETA: Here is the Jacksonville attendance right about the tip. You can clearly see the score/time remaining from this view. Listed attendance was 5,619.

BZZHmd1IgAAReWi.jpg:large

Last edited:
Also, didn't someone note that there was a capital campaign likely included in those figures? Maybe something for the Joel purchase/remodel? 1-2 large gifts for that project may have been the only thing keeping the year to year increase from actually being in the negative.

They definitely could have included those numbers. I don't think we'll ever know since it's a private institution. But any $500,000 to $1,000,000+ gifts to the DC or any athletics capital campaign would offset the attrition and give you the "3% increase." From my experience, you aren't supposed to count capital gifts with the regular fundraising dollars. You best bet that when the number comes out for this year that they will report major gains because of the Wake Will campaign.

Eh, even when we were good the stands were empty at tip-off against shitty opponents. I'd love to see how bad it is at the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half though. Maybe it's even worse.

Anyone bother to look up Ms. Petree's info? Age, employer, occupation are pretty much what I expected.

Wake Forest Sports ‏@DemonDeacons 28m
Good crowd at today's Coaches Luncheon! Coach Grobe and Coach [Redacted] will start speaking soon pic.twitter.com/NUDMGYA3B4

BZnIDC4IIAELZh8.jpg

Table with four empty chairs front and center...

SO MANY OLD PEOPLE

Just look at all those sweater vests. Rick Santorum 2016!

Wake Forest Sports ‏@DemonDeacons 28m
Good crowd at today's Coaches Luncheon! Coach Grobe and Coach [Redacted] will start speaking soon pic.twitter.com/NUDMGYA3B4

BZnIDC4IIAELZh8.jpg

Table with four empty chairs front and center...

Is that an AARP meeting?

There are lots of reasons to slam the AD. Drawing a bunch of bluehairs to the coaches luncheon isn't one of them.

Back