• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Settlement?
Like from audits? 2&2 has 1/2 a point in that low income filers are audited at a much higher rate than higher income filers. Most of that inequity is due to the complexity and means means testing of our government using tax credits as economic redistribution instead of…just giving people the money.

One year...don't know trend over time.

audit-rates-by-income-IRS.jpg

One year...don't know trend over time.

audit-rates-by-income-IRS.jpg
I mean kudos for finding a graph on the internet that looks like a large disparity, but I'm not sure how relevant the number of people with over $10 million in annual income are to the majority of the population.

I mean kudos for finding a graph on the internet that looks like a large disparity, but I'm not sure how relevant the number of people with over $10 million in annual income are to the majority of the population.
Yeah, all the graphs I have seen have measured the percentage of audits of people below 20k with people above 400k. Something like 12% of people below 20k get audited while 2% of people above 400k get audited

Last time we had a president out on the picket line, was when Reagan was hitting the picketers with a water cannon.

Last time we had a president out on the picket line, was when Reagan was hitting the picketers with a water cannon.
Noteworthy that Biden’s solidarity with this UAW strike means that he is essentially supportive of overturning the Clinton and Obama policies that directly brought about these conditions, NAFTA and the terms of the 2009 auto industry bailout

Noteworthy that Biden’s solidarity with this UAW strike means that he is essentially supportive of overturning the Clinton and Obama policies that directly brought about these conditions, NAFTA and the terms of the 2009 auto industry bailout
What if I told you that Biden has been the most pro-union president in the past 50 years…

Noteworthy that a politician can see the consequences of bad policies he previously supported and work towards addressing them.

No, it is the word I'm looking for. Have you dealt with them recently? They have hired a bunch of idiots with minimal understanding of the tax code whose sole purpose is to extract the highest settlement possible, regardless of underlying accuracy.

I've been dating an IRS auditor for a long time, and this is just a hilariously bad take.

Back