• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

with this SCOTUS, would it actually matter if he chose Rubio for the dual FL ticket? But Lil' Marco said on Fox this weekend that he would absolutely move out of state if he needed to. Demonstrate your loyalty, Lil' Marco! Have some gumption!
Little Marco moves into the Flora-Bama until Jan. 7.

I think Pence being from the heartland was one of the pluses when it came to making a final decision (over Gingrich BLAH). Trump still had the NY elitist thing about him in 2016. Now though, as Florida Man, Trump's brand is so big that location probably matters a lot less. Trump will pick Scott or Stefanik if he thinks doing so will pull enough women or African Americans away from the Dems in battleground states. His appointments in the past show that he really doesn't care about qualifications as much as he cares about fealty. Burgrum is really rich and can help with fundraising, also he is a big policy guy so he can answer those questions and let Trump do all the other things he wants to do.

I think Trump knows Scott and Stefanik are donks who won’t pull anyone especially Black voters and women voters.

it feels like he wanted Noem or maybe even Katie Britt, attractive women, which he likes, and could theoretically pull in other women. but both absolutely fell flat on their faces when thrust into the limelight. Scott, Vance, and Stefanik haven't had these chances yet since they mostly just go on Fox and praise Trump. but if one of them writes a book and gets a national press tour, hold on.

i feel like you could run so many great ads with trump shit-talking most of these VP candidates, usually right to their face

Trump has the same likelihood of picking a woman to be his running mate as Nikki Haley ever did of getting the Pub nomination...Zero.

Spoiler alert: It's not going to be Tim Scott either.

Last edited:
Trump maybe wants someone who he considers a policy wonk so he can show how super serious and smart he is, which is why I think it's Vance.

Trump maybe wants someone who he considers a policy wonk so he can show how super serious and smart he is, which is why I think it's Vance.
Trump is too stupid and immature to think about it that way. Now he might have advisors that can tell him he needs to choose a VP based on policy and maybe they could convince Trump not to choose a VP based on how photogenic they are.

How is it even possible that Trump could get elected? I still feel like I'm living in some nightmare or alternate reality or dimension.

someone smarter than trump???
Well, no. Remember the CDC telling him early in 2020 how he understood all this better than they did? And of course he knows more than the generals. And one knows more about tech than him.

Well, no. Remember the CDC telling him early in 2020 how he understood all this better than they did? And of course he knows more than the generals. And one knows more about tech than him.
I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly do-able.

It's hard to imagine Trump picking the guy who kinda made a joke about his dick size (which he felt the need to correct on the debate stage), but Little Marco absolutely would move from FL if Trump wanted him to. The outgoing RNC chair changed her name to appease Trump.

honestly, I think its going to be someone non-political (still haven't ruled out a family member).... he's not smart enough to have a VP that could possibly get him some votes. I think in the back of his mind, he ultimately wants to scorch the earth with the republicans, and have a huge vacuum of power when he dies. Picking any moderately ambitious politician will give them a leg up to assume power..... picking a sycophant and not a politician is his ultimate goal.

honestly, I think its going to be someone non-political (still haven't ruled out a family member).... he's not smart enough to have a VP that could possibly get him some votes. I think in the back of his mind, he ultimately wants to scorch the earth with the republicans, and have a huge vacuum of power when he dies. Picking any moderately ambitious politician will give them a leg up to assume power..... picking a sycophant and not a politician is his ultimate goal.
Trump thinks the only thing that went wrong on January 6th was Principled Pence following the rules. So all he’s gonna care about is will the next VP certify the election results or will they do the right thing? He’s not gonna pick some career politician he’s gonna pick Scott Baio.

Trump thinks the only thing that went wrong on January 6th was Principled Pence following the rules. So all he’s gonna care about is will the next VP certify the election results or will they do the right thing? He’s not gonna pick some career politician he’s gonna pick Scott Baio.
So, he will be in charge of our days and our nights? Our wrongs and our rights???

The problem with handicapping the veep nomination race is that Trump makes impulsive decisions based on whatever he heard most recently.

So even he doesn’t know what he’s planning on doing until just falls out of his mouth.

Back