• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

Charlie Rose wasn't the right call on the interviewer..Shoulda have been more talk show/Nancy Grace-ish...Then I could see it being national news with the wringing your hands housewife set.

Charlie Rose wasn't the right call on the interviewer..Shoulda have been more talk show/Nancy Grace-ish...Then I could see it being national news with the wringing your hands housewife set.

You don't go on Nancy Grace to announce you're setting up a charitable foundation.

Bingo. The interview was supposed to be about their charity and Gray Matter, but turned to Walt because he's national news. Charlie Rose was a great choice.

Just made the mistake of looking at the Emmy results. Cranston lost to Jeff Daniels? Aaron Paul and Peter Dinklage lost to Bobby Cannavale?

Yeesh.

Somebody help me figure out how I can watch BB next Sunday when I'm in Germany. It will be about 3 AM local time when the show airs. Somehow I don't know if Germany is big on Breaking Bad, especially with the Nazi subplot.

Just made the mistake of looking at the Emmy results. Cranston lost to Jeff Daniels? Aaron Paul and Peter Dinklage lost to Bobby Cannavale?

Yeesh.

i'm shocked about paul losing as well but i guess the argument could be made that last season's episodes he did not have the material he has had in previous seasons (and this one). i guess. if next year these final episodes don't sweep the awards i just don't know what to say.

cranston losing to jeff daniels on the other hand is incredible. it's like everyone said "you know i really like the sanctimonious show over here so i will throw away a vote for daniels since no one else will actually do it." "oops..."

Is it known for sure that he was responsible for Hank and Gomey? How is it public knowledge that he orchestrated the 11 in prison? I may have missed that, but all that is known (to me as public info) is what was said on the phone to Sky w police taping.

When the camera is on the clippings Walt has pinned, you can see the disappearance of his brother-in-law and DEA agent Hank (and Jesse too) is discussed. Look at the kinds of stories that make national news- homeless man returns backpack of money; kidnapped girls in Cleveland are found; pretty blond girl loses hands and feet to flesh-eating bacteria- of course the suburban school teacher turned meth kingpin will garner attention. Especially since it's ongoing. And remember- the locally famous attorney Saul (whose face is on all the buses and benches) and Mr. Fring (owner of that great chicken chain) were involved. It's actually unlikely that given all the salacious details and the average American's lust for drama that the story wouldn't be national. Milfy, blond wife; son with MS; kingpin tracked by now-disappeared DEA bro-in-law- drug lords have always captured Americans' attentions.

I know the needed a means to show Walt that Gray Matter was talking shit about him, but is kinda hard to believe that he would be national news. In New Mexico, sure, but not national as a dope dealer. Not right away.

It was at least two months before Walt went to the bar.

Yeesh.

This is the show that honored a junkie along with actors like Stapleton, Gandolfini, and Winters and ignored Klugman and Hagman? You should at least have an Emmy to be honored at them. It's a pop-culture jerkoff.

Todd is utterly soulless. When you think he can't be more evil, he does it. Anyone else half expect him to grab Brock and not only make him see his mom get shot but then shoot him too ("nothing personal, kid") all right in front of Jesse? They still need a hook for Jesse but it would've been in character. Ice cold.

And yet he didn't kill Skyler. Things that make you go hmmm.

Just confirming time line, but when we next see Jessie, will it be months after Todd shot Andrea? Hard to imagine they still need his help for that long. I figure Todd would learn to cook 90+ % by now.

Just confirming time line, but when we next see Jessie, will it be months after Todd shot Andrea? Hard to imagine they still need his help for that long. I figure Todd would learn to cook 90+ % by now.

Why bother? Just let the gimp do it.

And yet he didn't kill Skyler. Things that make you go hmmm.

Not at all. Remember, Todd has HUGE respect for Walt. Killing Skyler is off-limits. Same with the kids. Todd has a rationale for everything he does. Sometimes it's psycho-fucked-in-the-head rationale, but there nonetheless.

I know the needed a means to show Walt that Gray Matter was talking shit about him, but is kinda hard to believe that he would be national news. In New Mexico, sure, but not national as a dope dealer. Not right away.

Idk about that. With two DEA agents killed, connections made to a massacre of a Mexican cartel as well as the fact that he was a high school teacher... I think it would be a national media frenzy. I mean, I sometimes see things like high school teacher has sex with his student in Kentucky on CNN.com

Somebody help me figure out how I can watch BB next Sunday when I'm in Germany. It will be about 3 AM local time when the show airs. Somehow I don't know if Germany is big on Breaking Bad, especially with the Nazi subplot.

If you can wait, AMC usually has the full eps available online shortly after their original airing.

Not at all. Remember, Todd has HUGE respect for Walt. Killing Skyler is off-limits. Same with the kids. Todd has a rationale for everything he does. Sometimes it's psycho-fucked-in-the-head rationale, but there nonetheless.

Which is exactly the reason he's such an interesting Walt-protege, compared to Jesse. He's just mini-Walt, really. Even dresses up nicely when he's out in public meeting Lydia.

Idk about that. With two DEA agents killed, connections made to a massacre of a Mexican cartel as well as the fact that he was a high school teacher... I think it would be a national media frenzy. I mean, I sometimes see things like high school teacher has sex with his student in Kentucky on CNN.com

Yea, if one of the co-founders of a high profile research/chemical company turned out to be a drug cartel kingpin, it would make headlines.

Like, if people found out Woz from Apple had been selling tech secrets on the black market to Iranians for years, it would be meaningful. (Not the best analogy b/c of the national security implications, but still...)

So did Walt ride in the tank of that tanker truck all the way from New Mexico to New Hampshire? That would be one hell of a bumpy ride.

So did Walt ride in the tank of that tanker truck all the way from New Mexico to New Hampshire? That would be one hell of a bumpy ride.

Yeah, that's a problem. What the hell looks more out of place in New Hampshire than a propane tanker with New Mexico plates? Even if he stops to change plates, every move like that is a risk. And 18-wheeler? Much more plausible.

And I don't care how bad-ass Mr. New Life and a Vacuum is, no one is driving 2,200 miles without stopping for a few nights. Again, kind of risky.

Back