• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brother of top bball recruit Mo Bamba snitches on him about improper benefits

Rules are rules. Pay athletes over the table or don't pay them at all. The NCAA has some bobo rules like not being able to pay for meals but this is different altogether.

I'll leave it to y'all to rationalize.

So you would feel morally obligated to call the cops on your neighbors for smoking weed? Somehow I doubt that.

Or did bkf just hack your account?

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to be Townie's brother or in his family if he's true to his post in real life. Townie would turn his brother, sister, mom, dad, cousin for cheating on taxes or speeding.

Hey, Townie when you trip or do a line or smoke a joint, should your brother/sister turn you in? You know the laws. You broke the law. You should do the time.

If anything "doing the right thing" and turning Townie in makes more sense in that he's allegedly a grown man. Mo Bamba is still a kid.

So Townie, why don't you save your family some angst and turn yourself in?

never throws the first punch

I responded to what he posted. He supported a brother ratting out his brother.

Townie admits to doing illegal substances on the boards all the time. Bad take.

So you would feel morally obligated to call the cops on your neighbors for smoking weed? Somehow I doubt that.

Or did bkf just hack your account?

No, and if my neighbors called on me for smoking weed id be butthurt

I'm not a snitch either

I just don't think it's the same victimless situation

Impermissible benefits harm competitive balance, and they're unfair to athletes who do it properly

I'm not a snitch either

Impermissible benefits harm competitive balance, and they're unfair to athletes who do it properly

The interesting part of this is that the alleged benefits came from a purported Michigan booster, and the player is going to Texas. According to the brother's statement, this is less about influencing school choice and more about influencing who the player's agent would be this time next year.

I'm not a snitch either

In your world, impermissible benefits" are worse than than breaking actual laws? Interesting.

Surely this is troll attempt by Townie. He's even gotten RJ and RC to agree on something. One of the more iceberg-level takes on these boards in a while.

The interesting part of this is that the alleged benefits came from a purported Michigan booster, and the player is going to Texas. According to the brother's statement, this is less about influencing school choice and more about influencing who the player's agent would be this time next year.

I think he also said the dude taught Bamba back in the 4th grade. Perhaps it could be argued that there was a pre-existing relationship and therefore is allowed to give him some gifts or what not?

I'm not a snitch either

Smoking weed makes me better at my job (not at the same time) thus giving me a competitive advantage when it comes to pay raises and promotions. It's unfair to all of the law abiding citizens who can't smoke weed.

You said it right for the brother to turn him in, but you wouldn't be a snitch on someone breaking an actual law. It's your own words.

Where did I say I always do the right thing?

confusing thread; when are rules OK to follow?

somehow no one is peeved at the kid failing to follow a pretty simple rule

In case it isn't clear I'm just rehashing all the arguments when the board went all in on tOSU football for getting tattoos and selling autographs I don't give two shits about this either way

Just pay the damn players already

As ive read more, I don't think the Greer dude was a Michigan booster, he just works for a company in Michigan.

Smoking weed makes me better at my job (not at the same time) thus giving me a competitive advantage when it comes to pay raises and promotions. It's unfair to all of the law abiding citizens who can't smoke weed.

GTFOH. This mental masturbation is so damn annoying: strength train more often, play fewer logic games.

--

I'm with Townie on this one in principle. Bamba, knowingly or unknowingly (almost certainly knowingly), violated the NCAA's amateurism rules during his recruitment; so did the folks recruiting him and they did so knowing that this is what they were doing. That's cheating, even if all of the blue bloods and strivers do it. I'm all for paying athletes, but only if that directive comes from the top and affects all Division 1 programs equally. I think the current system is a sham, but that view isn't shared by all on this board, not even by everyone posting on this thread.

I'm not a fan of snitching in general and avoid it in my own life, but I'm fine with somebody calling out boosters' bullshit. It's always sucked and I can't stand it, especially as a fairly avid follower of Wake Forest athletics recruiting. On a different level, however, Bamba and his brother have some stuff to work out. Based on what I've heard/read about both, though, they deserve each other. What a mess.

The worst part about this is how public the snitch is being about turning in his brother.

You can take a wide range of actions if you have personal concern for your brother's interactions. You might even be justified in putting up tough love and turning him into the NCAA. But why you would feel the need to be so public about it is, based on available facts, really beyond me.

The worst part about this is how public the snitch is being about turning in his brother.

You can take a wide range of actions if you have personal concern for your brother's interactions. You might even be justified in putting up tough love and turning him into the NCAA. But why you would feel the need to be so public about it is, based on available facts, really beyond me.

It's such a bad look for everybody.

Dudes on the board are talking playing logic games about informing on neighbors smoking weed, but Bamba's recruiters and Bamba (allegedly) cheated and then Bamba (allegedly) fucked over his brother in favor of the boosters that paid him. That sucks both in terms of college recruiting and family loyalty. Who knows how it'll play out, but it sounds like the brothers had talked about it and then Bamba changed his tune when the money started coming in. Then, his brother publicly snitched on him and a lot of other people, which also sucks. Situation just sucks. I hope Shaka doesn't go down with the ship.

GTFOH. This mental masturbation is so damn annoying: strength train more often, play fewer logic games.

--

I'm with Townie on this one in principle. Bamba, knowingly or unknowingly (almost certainly knowingly), violated the NCAA's amateurism rules during his recruitment; so did the folks recruiting him and they did so knowing that this is what they were doing. That's cheating, even if all of the blue bloods and strivers do it. I'm all for paying athletes, but only if that directive comes from the top and affects all Division 1 programs equally. I think the current system is a sham, but that view isn't shared by all on this board, not even by everyone posting on this thread.

I'm not a fan of snitching in general and avoid it in my own life, but I'm fine with somebody calling out boosters' bullshit. It's always sucked and I can't stand it, especially as a fairly avid follower of Wake Forest athletics recruiting. On a different level, however, Bamba and his brother have some stuff to work out. Based on what I've heard/read about both, though, they deserve each other. What a mess.

Lol.

Fuck logic I guess.

Last edited:
Back