• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brother of top bball recruit Mo Bamba snitches on him about improper benefits

Man, this parody was doing so well. Gone off the rails the last couple days.

What if the NCAA makes him ineligible? I wonder if Bamba could become a free agent and sign in the NBA this summer. After all, he is 19.

Would have been great if he had picked dook and dook was in trouble!

The kid hitched himself to a skeezy AAU handler type who's a borderline child abuser and y'all are defending the kids obviously influence decisions?

I'm with Townie. Enforce the rules or eliminate then altogether. If he's guilty and outed he needs to be DQ'd. Go play pro ball overseas. College basketball is a fucking waste anyways.

If you hate college bball and the NBA, do you just hate basketball?

If you hate college bball and the NBA, do you just hate basketball?

I guess so. Which is weird because I loved it as kid. The increasing lack of difficulty and the culture of rooting for individuals over teams has really ruined it for me.

Long and short, I watched the brother's whole rant and I got skeezy vibes from him too. So I feel bad for Mo Bamba that he has been surrounded by such predatory people his whole life from family to random white dudes taking an interest in him for his basketball potential.

It's amazing MO made this far considering the examples set by his older siblings.

Johnson has his own issues to deal with. He’s been arrested at least three times in the last month — for possession of marijuana in Beaufort, South Carolina; for forgery in Ohio; and for hit-and-run in Bay City, Florida — and, according to a report from 247 Sports, he currently has five outstanding warrants. Bamba’s oldest brother, Sidiki Johnson, is currently an inmate at Greene Penitentiary in Coxsackie, New York. He’s currently two years into a four-year sentence for second degree attempted robbery and third degree robbery. Sidiki played at Arizona and Providence before washing out of basketball.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brother-prized-texas-recruit-mohamed-121244060.html

It's amazing MO made this far considering the examples set by his older siblings.

Johnson has his own issues to deal with. He’s been arrested at least three times in the last month — for possession of marijuana in Beaufort, South Carolina; for forgery in Ohio; and for hit-and-run in Bay City, Florida — and, according to a report from 247 Sports, he currently has five outstanding warrants. Bamba’s oldest brother, Sidiki Johnson, is currently an inmate at Greene Penitentiary in Coxsackie, New York. He’s currently two years into a four-year sentence for second degree attempted robbery and third degree robbery. Sidiki played at Arizona and Providence before washing out of basketball.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brother-prized-texas-recruit-mohamed-121244060.html

Their parents did a first class job at raising great citizens

Long and short, I watched the brother's whole rant and I got skeezy vibes from him too. So I feel bad for Mo Bamba that he has been surrounded by such predatory people his whole life from family to random white dudes taking an interest in him for his basketball potential.

This is the part that gets me. Forget "snitching", forget eligibility and the whole ethical issue of impermissible benefits or whatever. Obviously Bamba did something wrong, and now that it's out, if it can be proved, then he should take the punishment. He'll still make it in the pros.

The shitty part is that this asshole didn't have any problems with the soul-stealing by the booster until he stopped getting everything HE wanted. When HE realized that he wasn't going to get to mooch off his successful brother as much as he expected, he blew the whistle. That's a fucking low class piece of shit right there. Don't claim to be about justice or truth or what's "right" when you were right there with him breaking the rules until you stopped getting what you think you deserved by being the sibling of someone with talent.

Seems like the one whose "soul" is in trouble is this dickhead, not Bamba.

You're upset that his older brother asked him for a hookup acceptance into business school? That shit happens all the time with friends/girlfriend's/teammates/siblings. I've heard a half dozen examples of a recruits gf who is suddenly a preferred walk-on for some track and field sport after the recruit commits.

Seems very strange to me to find it acceptable for some business man to hook up a high schooler with cash, but get upset with a drug dealing brother trying to go back to school.

I didn't say I was OK with the impermissible benefits, it's obviously unfair.

I think it's a real fucked up move to accept benefits yourself as a peripheral hanger-on of a successful sibling for as long as you get everything you want, and then blow the whistle when you don't get yours. Hypocritical and much more of a character defining showcase than a 17 year old accepting gifts to play basketball.

Back