• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryce Harper Is As Advertised

I'll also say, that I just saw the video for the first time. Not that big of a deal in my opinion. It took him awhile to get into his trot, but it's not like he was talking shit to the pitcher.

you never show up a pitcher in rookie A ball :rulz::rulz:

Well, they also want to keep him up so his team can get to the playoffs. In A-ball the first and second halves are entirely different season, and the champions of each makes the playoffs -- and obviously you want your affiliates to make the playoffs -- so they can make some extra money, and so your prospects can get some extra game experience.

You guys are harsh. Dude is a total hot shot at 18. What a surprise. Pitcher talk some shit after he gets jacked up and Harper responds. Get real. If we're out there and some pitcher gives us shit in beer league softball as we round the bases, we're gonna talk back. And we're way older than 18. Talk about respect and maturity and being a professional all you want, but he's a kid. He'll learn.

You guys are harsh. Dude is a total hot shot at 18. What a surprise. Pitcher talk some shit after he gets jacked up and Harper responds. Get real. If we're out there and some pitcher gives us shit in beer league softball as we round the bases, we're gonna talk back. And we're way older than 18. Talk about respect and maturity and being a professional all you want, but he's a kid. He'll learn.

beer league and the minors are two VERY different things, this kid is being paid millions of dolllars to represent his organization with class and professionalism to one day be the face of said organization. In beer league you are out there to have fun and let off some steam, not make a career.

The pose was awful. Plain and simple. Act like you've been there. Every pitcher at every level will jaw at you for that shit. He'll grow up, but he still looks like an ass there. He needs to get corrected, but I don't think the Nats have the stones to do it as they've catered to his every whim so far. It'll probably take a few in his ribs to teach him (or a hurt vet giving him the business).

Players policing themselves is why baseball is the best. No lame ass 15 yard penalties or techs for trash talking. You just take your life in to your own hands. Buncha non-basbeall fans running amuck in here. Can the NFL get back to doing whatever it is they do, so the mouth-breathers will go back to discussing that trash?

The kid is a stud.

He needs to get his ass kicked a couple of times. That's what happens in baseball.

The pose was awful. Plain and simple. Act like you've been there. Every pitcher at every level will jaw at you for that shit. He'll grow up, but he still looks like an ass there. He needs to get corrected, but I don't think the Nats have the stones to do it as they've catered to his every whim so far. It'll probably take a few in his ribs to teach him (or a hurt vet giving him the business).

Players policing themselves is why baseball is the best. No lame ass 15 yard penalties or techs for trash talking. You just take your life in to your own hands. Buncha non-basbeall fans running amuck in here. Can the NFL get back to doing whatever it is they do, so the mouth-breathers will go back to discussing that trash?

your posts regarding baseball are sometimes eerily similar to dv7 posting about soccer

I've never understood how trashtalking and showboating are encouraged and enjoyed in football and basketball, but somehow it's just horrible to see in baseball.

I agree. Never understood how Deion Sanders was "Prime Time" on the football field with all of his antics, and he gets to the Braves and doesn't make a peep, bats 2nd, and plays a solid LF. But the Braves fans, did adopt the Tomahawk Chop because of him. I guess that is something.

Its too bad Pedro's not around anymore. He'd drill Harper in the ear hole the first chance he got.

I agree he is an ass and I have no problem with a pitcher teaching him a lesson.

I just don't understand the big deal. Dude is 18 years old and got paid $16MM. I'd be running the bases making it rain.

Sounds like they need to hire Crash Davis to teach Harper the ropes.

Sounds like they need to hire Crash Davis to teach Harper the ropes.

Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

Back