• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryce Harper Is As Advertised

I've never understood how trashtalking and showboating are encouraged and enjoyed in football and basketball, but somehow it's just horrible to see in baseball.

This reminds me of in Rookie of the Year when Rolengardner is taunting the pitcher after he gets walked so the pitcher puts a fastball into the back of the dude at bat. Same exact scenario.

I think someone should photoshop a Rawlings tattoo onto a picture of Bryce Harper and have it on the bulletin board the next time he's on the road.

I also don't understand why he hasn't been moved up to a higher A or Double A.

I think someone should photoshop a Rawlings tattoo onto a picture of Bryce Harper and have it on the bulletin board the next time he's on the road.

I also don't understand why he hasn't been moved up to a higher A or Double A.

Maturity, if he can't hold off showboating the greensboro grasshoppers no way he can dig himself out of a slump in AAA

You know what prevents showboating? Struggling. You know what helps you struggle? Stiffer competition.

The world is missing out/lucky I'm not an elite athlete. I would given that pitcher the goat.

He posed like a douche. The pitcher jawed. He showed his ass. He's an idiot. He'll learn.

I'm with Buckets on this one...if you don't want to get shown up then don't give up a home run. We all know that Harper is a douchebag, and he is a helluva baseball player as well.

And if Harper does that, he shouldn't cry if he gets drilled a few times.

He can't have it both ways.

is-it-wrong-to-be-bisexual.jpg

Why is the pitcher excused from yapping at Harper? I didn't think the "pose" or kiss were really that dramatic, you have to watch in slow motion to even see it happen.

Harper took a long time to get to his trot. and if harper's pitchers want to hit him (if they bat), fine.

I saw plenty of people walk past those fans, and I've actually heard that he spends a lot of time signing autographs.

no, he is a huge D-bag! I heard his interview on 106.7 the fan last year!

BTW the kids are yelling his name

I'll also say, that I just saw the video for the first time. Not that big of a deal in my opinion. It took him awhile to get into his trot, but it's not like he was talking shit to the pitcher.

Bryce Harper...keepin it classy. Guess he feels like a huge badass hitting a HR off some poor A ball pitcher.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/07/bryce-harper-is-going-to-get-himself-hurt/

kid is like 18. hitting a HR off A-ball pitchers at 18 is pretty awesome. hitting HRs off of 23-year-olds about a month after you would have (normally) graduated HS - awesome. kinda being a doosh about it - not as awesome, but he'll grow up.

gotta remember...the nats are keeping him down to keep his confidence high. he'll take his lumps eventually, but i actually think (as a nats fan) letting him crush some A-ball competition for a while while he learns the big league life actually makes a ton of sense. remember...a lot of the best athletes are pretty cocky.

Back