• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz's impending retention--"you made your bed"---Congrats

BillDoodle

Reaction score
One of the biggest reasons for Buzz's immanent retention is the public humiliation and embarrassment brought on Wellman personally and Wake generally.

For a few fleeting moments of personal fame and public attention--several individuals have created this current intransigent attitude of Wellman and its awful results.

Lesson to be learned: If u want to motivate someone to do the exact opposite of what you ask----publicly embarrass/ridicule them.

The choice is simple:
1) if u want Buzz to continue as head coach--keep up the ad campaign(s) or
2) let the "adults" handle the situation and stop it immediately--it will get done behind the scenes in a less embarrassing forum and much more expeditiously than any ad campaign(s)

Thanks to the collective actions of a few--the majority of Wake fans will suffer in obscurity for at least another year.
Thanks again for your boorish behavior and their predictable/inevitable consequences.

Ya know, Townie might be on to something.

One of the biggest reasons for Buzz's immanent retention is the public humiliation and embarrassment brought on Wellman personally and Wake generally.

For a few fleeting moments of personal fame and public attention--several individuals have created this current intransigent attitude of Wellman and its awful results.

Lesson to be learned: If u want to motivate someone to do the exact opposite of what you ask----publicly embarrass/ridicule them.

The choice is simple:
2) let the "adults" handle the situation and stop it immediately--it will get done behind the scenes in a less embarrassing forum and much more expeditiously than any ad campaign(s)

Thanks to the collective actions of a few--the majority of Wake fans will suffer in obscurity for at least another year.
Thanks again for your boorish behavior and their predictable/inevitable consequences.

WRONG

The choice is simple:

Who are the "adults"?

Great post, Bill. The entitled turds who dominate this hole would rather high five each other with posrep than see a new coach.

We are stuck with [Redacted] for one more year, thanks to the giant egos for and against him.

Oh God, this would be delicious if true. Nothing quite like watching a man set himself on fire and destroy a lifetime's work because of his pride.

RE: Billboards
And calls out Wellman for all of the sports debacles (it may take 2-3 billboards to document all of them)
Where do I send the money?

Please forget putting it on 52-----maximize exposure and put it on Hawthorne Hill/Business 40.

RE: Wake Forest Athletic Integrity
I have finally concluded Wake is guilty of bait and switch or false advertising (which explains everything). Unfortunately, I was one of the most naive, who took everything at "face value" and was completely fooled.

1) to the prospective and current Deacon Club members--give (more) money so we can build a winning/championship athletic program--the sky is the limit; give more and we will build it.

2) but in reality, behind the scene, corporate group think--we are LOWF, all we can expect/hope for is to remain included with the "big boys" in the ACC and Division 1 and field enough teams to satisfy ACC requirements; winning is nice (not required) but staying in the "big boys' club" is the real purpose for overall university status/marketing (US News College Rankings, et al.) if fan support/attendance falls the "general fund" will underwrite the shortfall---but the more Deacon Club contributions received --the less the General Fund has to pay to maintain Big Boy membership.

Compare the results at Baylor, Stanford and even Vanderbilt, and Northwestern where the leadership is more committed to actually winning (not just football and men's basketball) on the field/court.

Based on this new realization, no billboards, airplane signs, message board threads or other form of protests will ever have any impact. Wake Forest doesn't care what you think and is not going to change the business policy (and this is what college athletics is today--a big business) based on anything a fan (or group of fans) does or says (even withholding future contributions---they are currently raising $1 Billon). They may give larger contributors an "audience" but does the basic policy ever really change? Of course there will always remain a small group of "Kool-aide drinkers" who just want to kiss the ring every once in awhile.

The University really doesn't care about winning on the field/court---so why should I?

I have learned my lesson and chosen the course of apathy. I will contribute my hard earned money to a more suitable recipient (not that Wake Forest cares or ever really cared in the least).

RE: A Basketball Protest
If not now-----when? If not us---who?

Sometimes drastic times require drastic action. Sacrifice now for the future.

Are they deaf and dumb in the Wake Admin?

Something has got to change.

Thank you Wake Forest officials for saving this decent man.

If bzz is back I am done. Based on the Joel this year I am not the only one. They know that the mass alienation would be complete.

Bzz retained = kiss my DC membership goodbye. Doesn't mean that much but it's reality.

Perfect time for this...

And I don't believe any of this retention shit in reality. But it makes for good board banter.

Oh God, this would be delicious if true. Nothing quite like watching a man set himself on fire and destroy a lifetime's work because of his pride.

Stupid as it is, wounded pride is as plausible an explanation of last year's decision to retain Bzz as any. I don't think it was because Wellman believed we needed to give him one more year as a fair shake.

I agree that RW is prideful / spiteful / myopic. But the notion that we're to blame for his retention of Bzz, or that he would have reacted differently if the fan base had asked for Bzz's head politely, is imbecilic.

Great post, Bill. The entitled turds who dominate this hole would rather high five each other with posrep than see a new coach.

We are stuck with [Redacted] for one more year, thanks to the giant egos for and against him.

Exit the parody hiney hole

LOL, great thread to liven up a Thursday PM...folks seem to be having withdraw symptoms etc. from Bz's soon to be demise...

Back