• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz's impending retention--"you made your bed"---Congrats

I think the lesson learned is that Wake fans did not step up enough to embarrass and shame Wellman and the university to take action.

Also, the bigger lesson learned is that the Wake administration is not committed to winning.

I think the lesson learned is that Wake fans did not step up enough to embarrass and shame Wellman and the university to take action.

Also, the bigger lesson learned is that the Wake administration is not committed to winning.

The Wake administration is committed to Wake Will. They could give a flying fuck about Ron Wellman and his happy band of idiots. I guarantee this is the truth.

I always enjoy the argument that the "adults" in the situation are the ones that will do something that harms their organization simply out of spite. Maturity.

no need to try and back Wellman into a corner. His mind is made up one way or the other. Petition the BOT and make sure they know the alumni and masses thoughts.

If [Redacted] is retained then boycott basketball games next year, picket the games as if on strike. See if the Deacon club will take donatons that can go to all sports but basketball.

Campaigning publicly with billboards does nothing now though I have to say I loved the picture that was posted

the longer Wellman is silent the greater the odds that we will see Bzdeik roaming the sidelines at Wake Forest next year

cruncha muncha cruncha muncha cruncha muncha cruncha muncha we should fi-re buzz!

I would be simultaneously disappointed and amused if Wellman were to act as the OP suggested. Sad that Bz remained as the coach (notwithstanding the fact that I argued on his behalf at the very beginning), but finding it hilarious that Wellman chose to stick it to the "lunatic fringe". The resulting meltdown here truly would be one for the ages.

One of the biggest reasons for Buzz's immanent retention is the public humiliation and embarrassment brought on Wellman personally and Wake generally.

For a few fleeting moments of personal fame and public attention--several individuals have created this current intransigent attitude of Wellman and its awful results.

Lesson to be learned: If u want to motivate someone to do the exact opposite of what you ask----publicly embarrass/ridicule them.

The choice is simple:
1) if u want Buzz to continue as head coach--keep up the ad campaign(s) or
2) let the "adults" handle the situation and stop it immediately--it will get done behind the scenes in a less embarrassing forum and much more expeditiously than any ad campaign(s)

Thanks to the collective actions of a few--the majority of Wake fans will suffer in obscurity for at least another year.
Thanks again for your boorish behavior and their predictable/inevitable consequences.

Anticipating some info. from Dan MTOW Collins concerning Bz's status. May see an update late this PM or at least by noon tomorrow.

I guess we can always take solace in the fact we're not Rutgers... So proud to be a Deac the past four years. something I will cease to say if Bzz is around for a 5th year. I'm at the point now, as a life long die hard deacon of cutting all ties to WFU. Go ahead Wellman, it's either Bz or me at this point.

Truly never thought I would feel this way, but sadly I do.

I guess we can always take solace in the fact we're not Rutgers... So proud to be a Deac the past four years. something I will cease to say if Bzz is around for a 5th year. I'm at the point now, as a life long die hard deacon of cutting all ties to WFU. Go ahead Wellman, it's either Bz or me at this point.

Truly never thought I would feel this way, but sadly I do.
+1

Back