• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz's Last Radio Show Tonight at 7 PM

of course wellman was embarrassed by the adds in greensboro. he had to answer questions about it (if only in private). he also had to spew more bull sh... or is the bzzshit... at the big donors. he had to expend more personal capital convicing them that everything was fine and this past year was when things really turned the corner. i am convinced it played a big role behind the scenes with a number of the people that mattered that were not really paying attention.

"wait... what happened at the acc tourney? in the news paper? how many days in a row? i don't normally care but, ron, what is going on?"

"well mr moneybags. it's just a vocal few. they are passionate and will be all in next year. most of our talent is freshman. they will be great next year. all the signs are there. can you stroke a check for a few hundy? we could use an ice cream maker in the ad's office."

<looks dubious> "ok, i can do that. glad things are looking... up. i'll be looking forward to those home wins next year. think we will get some road wins too?"

"uh yeah. we will. definitely. it's all good now. i promise."

Save the money for billboards in April to protest Wellman's newest disappointing hire.

I can't believe that you people are still talking about spending money on billboards or thinking that billboards are going to affect change. Buzz had 4 years to make his case. The ultimate deciding factor will be his record and his relationship with the team and the Athletic Department. If you want to throw money away, it's your money. But if you want to actually contribute to improving the program, a billboard may be the biggest waste of money possible. Donate it to the renovation of the Joel, earmark it for a new coach. Save the money until a new coach is hired if you want. That way you can "send the message" that you are approving the replacement of Buzz. But a billboard, particularly at this point? What a waste of money.

I agree. But as I understand it - the money has already been spent (either last year or earlier this year). No new money is being spent. I believe there is an outstanding credit with the electronic billboard company. Of course, I may be completely wrong.

I read that. I just don't understand what kind of point is still trying to be made. If it's public embarrassment then you guys are succeeding. It isn't embarrassing Ron Wellman though, it's an embarrassment to MSD.

Bz and our basketball program (and last five years of football program) embarrassed MSD. Also not caring enough to fix it is embarrassing. The billboards embarrass the AD. As it should.

I can't believe that you people are still talking about spending money on billboards or thinking that billboards are going to affect change. Buzz had 4 years to make his case. The ultimate deciding factor will be his record and his relationship with the team and the Athletic Department. If you want to throw money away, it's your money. But if you want to actually contribute to improving the program, a billboard may be the biggest waste of money possible. Donate it to the renovation of the Joel, earmark it for a new coach. Save the money until a new coach is hired if you want. That way you can "send the message" that you are approving the replacement of Buzz. But a billboard, particularly at this point? What a waste of money.

LOL at treating our AD like it functions rationally. If records mattered we wouldn't have hired Bz. There will be tons of money for those projects if we hire Smart or Marshall. Look at football. Besides we have wasted MILLIONS on Bz. Embarrassing our joke of an AD and the wealthy buffoons that prop him up is not a waste of money imo

I agree. But as I understand it - the money has already been spent (either last year or earlier this year). No new money is being spent. I believe there is an outstanding credit with the electronic billboard company. Of course, I may be completely wrong.

Yup. Should have three weeks left of billboard space. And we can get it up this week. Have to check with billboard guy of course

LOL at treating our AD like it functions rationally. If records mattered we wouldn't have hired Bz. There will be tons of money for those projects if we hire Smart or Marshall. Look at football. Besides we have wasted MILLIONS on Bz. Embarrassing our joke of an AD and the wealthy buffoons that prop him up is not a waste of money imo

3 months ago I didn't have any hope that Wellman could hire the right guy. The Clawson hire gives me hope. FWIW, if a billboard is going up, I hope it is something like "Get it right this time, Wellman!"

I need latest win loss record for wake under buzz if anyone has it.

Pretty sure it's 50-75. 8 + 13 + 13 + 16

How much money did you donate to the billboard?

That's what I thought. Perhaps you should NOT have a say in how other people spend their money. Now go away you irritating POS.

Is that how Ron Wellman replied to your emails, but replaced 'billboard' with 'Deacon Club'?

It doesn't feel like we have won 50 games in 4 years. I guess because not a single one mattered or was worth remembering.

Back