• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzz Wake contract = 3 years

grendel

Reaction score
Hello all -

Long time lurker. First time caller.

Apologize in advance if this is a Haas, but hadn't seen this posted before.

Doing some digging online, found this in the Old Gold and Black 2012-13 basketball preview dated November 8, 2012:

"Head coach Jeff [Redacted], in the final year of his three-year contract, has worked diligently..."

Linky:

http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=25259

End of story on page 2 by Matt Poppe entitled "New look Deacons will rely heavily on youth"

Assuming this is correct? Standing pat for RW is not an option.

He either folds or pushes all in.

It's from the OG&B. I think Wellman has implied 5 years.

If that's accurate, Wellman has an easy out.

Hello all -

Long time lurker. First time caller.

Apologize in advance if this is a Haas, but hadn't seen this posted before.

Doing some digging online, found this in the Old Gold and Black 2012-13 basketball preview dated November 8, 2012:

"Head coach Jeff [Redacted], in the final year of his three-year contract, has worked diligently..."

Linky:

http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=25259

End of story on page 2 by Matt Poppe entitled "New look Deacons will rely heavily on youth"

Assuming this is correct? Standing pat for RW is not an option.

He either folds or pushes all in.

Thank you for this sliver of hope!

The $1.3M seems higher than what we've been told before.

If the contract had originally been announced as three years, it would have set off all kinds of bells and whistles. Wellman said at the pc that "five years was the norm".

If we're paying 6.5 over 5 for this disaster I just don't know what to say. I have been working under the assumption we low balled his salary while we paid off Dino's extension. There's no way Wellman is going to eat 2.6mil or whatever is left on this contract.

Maybe it was 3 years guaranteed with 2 more promised on certain conditions? (Hope). If so, I can't imagine that any proposed conditions have been met...short of not having any players imprisoned.

i was just starting to see a glimmer of hope... it's gone now and bzz won't be.

That sucks if true (meaning 5 years, $6+ M)...money not well spent. Ugh.

If true, Buzz might be looking around. Anybody with any evidence of that?

I've been sending his resume out to hundreds of middle and high schools. No idea if any of them have contacted him.

Kudos to the OP for using "Haas." Lurker indeed.

"He’s been gone for four days. So he’s just a recruiting nut. He is on the move all the time. He has great ability to evaluate kids. What Jeff does is, he has the ability to project. He doesn’t just see a kid for who he is right now. He has the ability to project that individual two, three, four years down the road. He did that at Colorado and I think he’s doing it here as well. Our future is bright because of Jeff’s approach with this program." -- Ron Wellman, December 17, 2012.

His boy Buzz ain't going nowhere.

$6M+ for three consecutive DFL finishes in our flagship program is inexcusable.

As the old football slogan once said: THE TIME IS NOW! RW needs to make the move on 3/14 immediately following another first game ACC Tourney exit.

Back