• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzz Wake contract = 3 years

idk why you guys do this to yourselves. baby and others have indicated that RW wants to keep Bzz, and he did have a marquee win this year (in the big picture meaningless, yes, even sad considering who it was over) that will give RW something to point to.

that may have been the worst win in WFU history.

I've been sending his resume out to hundreds of middle and high schools. No idea if any of them have contacted him.

Kudos to the OP for using "Haas." Lurker indeed.

That's aiming high... Send them to the local YWCA. Still would probably get out coached, though.

If we are truly paying that asshole 6.5 Million over 5 years, then Ron Wellman absolutely, positively, unequivocably deserves to be fired today.

Reading that article from Colorado on the first page, things like GPA and graduation rates were things being pimped as accomplishments of Buzz. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the primary role of a head basketball coach to build a winning program? That's not to diminish the importance of student-athletes who excel in the classroom and community, but the professors, deans, academic advisors, etc also play a critical role in the off-court piece as well. It's just completely bizarre, winning and running a clean program are not mutually exclusive.

I've been sending his resume out to hundreds of middle and high schools. No idea if any of them have contacted him.

Several months ago someone posted a job listing for a new basketball coach on Craigs List which was awesome.

Reading that article from Colorado on the first page, things like GPA and graduation rates were things being pimped as accomplishments of Buzz. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the primary role of a head basketball coach to build a winning program? That's not to diminish the importance of student-athletes who excel in the classroom and community, but the professors, deans, academic advisors, etc also play a critical role in the off-court piece as well. It's just completely bizarre, winning and running a clean program are not mutually exclusive.

These should be expectations of every coach, not goals to be achieved.

A 5 year deal to a guy who went 36-58 at Colorado. I'm not sure if Ron is trying to suck at his job or if it just comes naturally. How stupid can you be?

Too bad we don't just pay him $500k per conference road win.

A 5 year deal to a guy who went 36-58 at Colorado. I'm not sure if Ron is trying to suck at his job or if it just comes naturally. How stupid can you be?

Not as stupid as Hatch and the BOT who let him do it.

Failed experiment! Time to try another one.

So the night I got engaged (way back when) the wife and I went out and I got utterly smashed at our hometown watering hole. Was a fun night, but at one point I think I just blacked out and stretched out on the bar floor. My friends drew a sharpie moustache on me. I pulled myself up and in my ridiculous state bet the first guy I saw I could beat him in a game of darts. Ended up betting him $20 I could hit the bullseye in three throws. I figured if I didn't do it I would just be out $20 bucks, but if I hit it, it would be an epic night.

I hit the bullseye that night. Wellman missed the board. Chalk up your losses and cash out. He can only make a bigger fool of himself the more darts he throws into the wall.

Wellman will probably fire Bz and then hire a woman coach just to fuck with us.

"He’s been gone for four days. So he’s just a recruiting nut. He is on the move all the time. He has great ability to evaluate kids. What Jeff does is, he has the ability to project. He doesn’t just see a kid for who he is right now. He has the ability to project that individual two, three, four years down the road. He did that at Colorado and I think he’s doing it here as well. Our future is bright because of Jeff’s approach with this program." -- Ron Wellman, December 17, 2012.

His boy Buzz ain't going nowhere.

Keep in mind that after the Texas win in the 1st round of the NCAA, RW personally congratulated Dino and told him that he was very pleased with the job he was doing, in front of several people! A few days later, he terminated him.

Point being, I dont think anyone should place too much importance on what RW says as an indication of what he is going to do. Yes, he appears to be all in on Bz. He is saying all the right things. However, no one other than RW knows what he is going to do.

Keep in mind that after the Texas win in the 1st round of the NCAA, RW personally congratulated Dino and told him that he was very pleased with the job he was doing, in front of several people! A few days later, he terminated him.

Point being, I dont think anyone should place too much importance on what RW says as an indication of what he is going to do. Yes, he appears to be all in on Bz. He is saying all the right things. However, no one other than RW knows what he is going to do.

Lying in your employee's face. #culture

I had this conversation on Twitter last night with NITStan regarding Bzzz's future employment:

NIT Stan ‏@NITStan
HELLO Stan must break this news with sadness to his Wake Forest fiends: you will not be selected for NIT this year. I weep for you.

@deaconpeach
@NITStan Please hire [Redacted] as fry cook.

NIT Stan ‏@NITStan
@deaconpeach @NITStan HELLO I tell you no he is not Qualified but I will hire him to sweep parking lot with kid we call Confused Pete.

Back