• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Celebrity Encounters

Had not heard of this. Thanks for the heads up.

Set 1: Help on the Way, Love Thine Enemy (Cass McCombs), Looks Like Rain, El Paso, Friend of the Devil, Cassidy, Daughters of the SoHo Riots (The National), My Brother Esau

Set 2: Me and My Uncle, Fake Empire (The National), Most of the Time (Bob Dylan), Brown Eyed Women, The Other One, Standing on the Moon, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Encore: Ripple*, Uncle John’s Band*, Brokedown Palace*

That was the 1st time Bob Weir has played My Brother Esau in public in 24 years.

With the Fray singing the national anthem, I exchanged an eye roll with the guitarist on the left and a smile as he got swamped by a dude after a show that wanted to talk to him about his guitar playing and idolizing him and basically being a giant doucher superfan that the band actually hates

Last night I was downtown Charleston having dinner with a friend; once we finished up I walked over to Social on East Bay to meet up with my wife who was having dinner with her friend. Anyway, we're sitting at the bar, having some drinks and Jay Glazer walks in with this super tall chick. Jay's not a tall guy and the chick was easily over 6'. Anyway, as he's walking out, I said, "Jay Glazer?" and he turns around and says "Yeah man, what's up?"

We talked to him for about 5 minutes; he was really polite to us. Asked him what he is doing in town and he said he was just enjoying some time off in Charleston.

ha, when you posted that on fb i almost said "there's a thread for that!" but didn't want to 'out' your board-ness to everyone (not that most people would have understood it, anyway).

ha, when you posted that on fb i almost said "there's a thread for that!" but didn't want to 'out' your board-ness to everyone (not that most people would have understood it, anyway).

So instead you out my facebook-ness to the boardz!

Think I posted this on the Old Board, but Mike Tyson, Don King and a whole bunch of others bumped us from a large dining table at Sylvia’s in Harlem. Just happened to be the day after they announced he was being charged with rape. I did not care at all but this one stiff in our group pouted like a baby cause the delay meant we missed the brunch menu, and the prices jumped at lunch. Funny thing is, he is a member of the Mars family, and probably had more money than Tyson.

Don King and iron Mike were both very nice and friendly, and laughed about snagging our 20+top.

Met Joseph Mazzello (from Jurassic Park) this past weekend. Awesome.

Couple years ago I was at a conference in DC, sitting at the hotel bar. A guy sits down next to me and starts chatting up the bartender. I sort of recognized his voice and turn and, yep, its this guy:

images

Lee Ermey was there for a gun show (he's a spokesman) that was going on at the same time. He was honestly one of the nicest, coolest guys I've ever met. Pretty much the perfect "love to have a beer with" celebrity.

Lived down the street from Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter when at Worrell House. Bought them a drink at the Washington one night. It was as bizarrely awesome as you would expect.

David Cross was at the table next to us at Macondo in NYC.

But this thread is rjkarlbatsignal

cool!

Last edited:
Sorry James, I know I told you this story and was for some reason holding it out on everyone else for YEARS! So silly of me. Let me put it out there now that I think people might not think I'm e-cool anymore. This should do the trick to tric...convince them that I really am cool and worth knowing!

I once met Napoleon at a taco food truck in Boise, Idaho in November of 1808! It was quite an underdeveloped piece of land then, but damn! Did the cook, Pol Pot, maybe you've heard of him?, know how to grill up some tacos! Napoleon said to me, "Paul, I like tacos." And I quipped back, "Even the pink ones, Nappy?" Nappy is what I called him. It was for shits and giggles!!! Anyway, Nappy was rolling with my quip about vaginas being nicknamed pink tacos and said, "Paul! That's too much. You make me laugh. But anyway, can we please stop pretending this ever happened and admit it was all a lie?"

NO, NAPPY. I KNOW YOU, I'VE MET YOU, AND WE ARE BESTIES. I WILL HAVE PEOPLE ONLINE THINK THAT I AM COOL VIA NAME DROPPING PEOPLE FROM DECADES AGO!

Also, check out my dance moves!

rjkarl.gif

They are slow. But POWERFUL.

The guy in the jean jacket knows what I'm talking about. That's Martin Luther King, Jr. We're good friends.

I just met Buzz Aldrin in my hotel. I think he wanted to bang my Wife.

I met Mike Inez, the bassist for Alice in Chains, a few months ago. I was super drunk but I told him I was a big fan and asked for a picture and then let him know "I'm really good at taking selfies".

we already know he doesn't mind sloppy seconds

Numbers and his girlfriend talked to David Blatt at a rooftop Boston bar last year for like an hour before the Celtics-Cavs playoff game

IF you loved America, you would have agreed to this.

He touched her chin like he was about to plant one on her and I totally would have let it happen. Also, he could totally kick my ass, even though he's like 92 years old.

I can't think of the last celebrity I've seen outside of a clippers game. Must not be going to the right spots. Watching Wolfgang puck manage a room greeting the entire place at one of his spots makes it clear he manages celebrity well

I just looked at jennifer garner once and she went out of her way to say hi to me, she's as nice as reported

However being at a bar with kenny banya and talking about ovaltine is probably my highlight

Back