• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Revs being linked to Phil Neville and Gio Saverese. I have zero interest in Neville. Gio would be ok as a manager, but I'm not convinced he has an eye for building rosters.

Revs being linked to Phil Neville and Gio Saverese. I have zero interest in Neville. Gio would be ok as a manager, but I'm not convinced he has an eye for building rosters.
I know Gio was looked at hard as Minny’s first coach. I’d have preferred him to Heath for sure. That being said there is no one in MLS who is as big a whiny beeetch as Gio. I sit near the visiting bench most games at Allianz. That dude bellows and moans about every fucking call. The absolute worst I have ever seen. And he is also more than willing to throw opposing players completely under the bus and brush the exact same issues completely aside with respect to the same accusations with his own players. I presume Minny will want to look at him as well. I’ll be fine if he isn’t hired.

As for Heath - these stats say it all for me -

Top of the league in blocked shots
Bottom quarter in tackles and challenges attempted
Near the top of the league in crosses into the opponent’s penalty area
Near bottom of the league in goals created off passes

He rarely presses, preaches about inverted runs off the wing but asks his team to initiate that way too far up the damn field. The best guy at making these runs on the present roster is parked on the damn bench too. Just way too easy to defend. Does not coach to his personnel very well. Too often the product is boring.

Revs are a dumpter fire since Bruce got suspended/resigned. New coach trying all sorts of new tactics that are just awful. No idea why you'd change the system when you're in 2nd place.

Revs are a dumpter fire since Bruce got suspended/resigned. New coach trying all sorts of new tactics that are just awful. No idea why you'd change the system when you're in 2nd place.
The players obviously didn‘t want him to go.

The Loons by contrast looked incredibly energized tonight after dumping Heath. Four goals for Pukki. WTF. Of course it was against a LAG without their best player, but still. Too bad it looks like too little too late.

Last edited:
0%. It was always 0% for this match.

First, Messi is hurt, which is why it is now 0%. But even before that, he was never going to play. Let's pretend he's healthy. Argentina have a home WCQ on October 12th vs Paraguay. They then travel to Peru for an away WCQ on October 17th. That match won't finish until after midnight. Then Messi will need to make his way back to Argentina, then Miami. Then he would need to make his way to Charlotte to join the team for a match on field turf, which he has already said he won't play on. He was never going to play in this match.

Are they just blowing smoke and mirrors to try and get people to still come to the match? I couldn't believe this article when I saw it pop into my Athletic feed this morning, especially with Inter Miami officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Also, good job by Charlotte FC blowing YET ANOTHER 2nd half lead last night to put their playoff hopes in serious jeopardy.

Are they just blowing smoke and mirrors to try and get people to still come to the match? I couldn't believe this article when I saw it pop into my Athletic feed this morning, especially with Inter Miami officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Also, good job by Charlotte FC blowing YET ANOTHER 2nd half lead last night to put their playoff hopes in serious jeopardy.
rough -- but i'm thankful as a fire fan

Red Bull sneak into the play in game and now stomping Charlotte 3-0 at half. Tolkin really coming into form down the stretch.

NY couldn't score all season and now they've put up a 5 spot. Playoffs!

Tolkin really coming into form down the stretch.
i do not like that guy

i am, though, happy to see Deac Omir Fernandez carve out a starting role in MLS

he's only 24 -- seems like he'd be older as he played two years at Wake and this is his fifth pro season, but I guess he came to Wake pretty young

i do not like that guy

i am, though, happy to see Deac Omir Fernandez carve out a starting role in MLS

he's only 24 -- seems like he'd be older as he played two years at Wake and this is his fifth pro season, but I guess he came to Wake pretty young
I fluctuate between finding Tolkin terribly annoying and loving his game. He can come across as 100% genuine and loving the game and then act like a complete asshole all in the same 30 second interview.

Back