• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people talking about going to the office today and abandoning the WFH elite.

Or are they just going to the office to make themselves angry about the costumes ?

Or are they, in fact, wearing costumes themselves and just don't want to admit it because it's their schtick ?

If you’re in sales and not in a costume today you are just coasting and not going to make that nut this year.

struggling with the proper reaction to coworkers in the office wearing costumes

like they're laughing as other people walk in and are expecting a reaction and that seems unfair for 830 in the morning? "oh ha ha you're dressed like a Disney princess at your office desk how funny!" god fucking kill me
I am 100 percent wearing my ken costume, and our assistant principal, SRO, and like 27 teachers are dressed up as Barbies. This was obviously planned in advance. Nothing is being taught in first period because I have spent the entire morning taking pictures.

You get a pass because you work in a school.

I wore my Ken costume to a shitty neighborhood party to appease my wife (and to allow the neighborhood wives an opportunity to undress me with their eyes). But it won't be seeing the light of day today.

also, when did it become a thing for parents to dress up with their kids for trick or treating? my parents never did and I don't think anyone else's did. now you're expected to. boy is going as a squirrel so I'm gonna tape some leaves to my shirt and hat to be a tree.
My parents dressed up occasionally back in the late 80's and early 90's. It wasn't an every year kind of thing. I don't think you're expected to these days, either, but I think it does make it more fun for you kid and models that it's okay to be a little silly and fun sometimes.

Disclaimer: I am not dressing up this year

Creed is going on tour this summer. I'm intrigued, but not enough to deal with the hassle of going to an outdoor amphitheater.

There are no shitty parties, only shitty partygoers.

the tours and gift shop teams go pretty all out with decorating their areas and dressing up. it's a competition between the breweries. last year the Chico brewery's team was all Jurassic Park but the Mills River people had better individual costumes. This year the Mills River team is embracing the whole Malt Disney World thing and going with Andy's Room/Tour Story for the tours team, Alice in Wonderland for the gift shop, and I think the front desk is villains.

I am not dressed up
this is so stupid

also, when did it become a thing for parents to dress up with their kids for trick or treating? my parents never did and I don't think anyone else's did. now you're expected to. boy is going as a squirrel so I'm gonna tape some leaves to my shirt and hat to be a tree.
I wanted to love the first part but then i got to the part where you gave in to BIG CANDY and wanted to dislike that so i went with neutral wow, but i'm not happy about it

I am 100 percent wearing my ken costume, and our assistant principal, SRO, and like 27 teachers are dressed up as Barbies. This was obviously planned in advance. Nothing is being taught in first period because I have spent the entire morning taking pictures.
since you don't teach in ashe county i suppose i have no grounds for objecting to this but....

halloween sucks. the only redeeming thing about halloween is that it's the gateway to real fall weather and the real holidays. looking forward to the digglers' annual holiday kickoff dinner of going out to eat chinese food tonight

i dunno, it's kinda fun. my parents never did it but they were a different generation

my daughter is going as medusa and im just wearing grey sweatpants/sweatshirt and spraying my hair white so i can be a statue

someone just asked me to judge a halloween costume party at the office and i told them that they're much better off if I don't notice the idiots who like to play dress up, thus allowing them to fly under the radar for another year

i dunno, it's kinda fun. my parents never did it but they were a different generation

my daughter is going as medusa and im just wearing grey sweatpants/sweatshirt and spraying my hair white so i can be a statue
sounds like you're going as oldbuck

halloween sucks. the only redeeming thing about halloween is that it's the gateway to real fall weather and the real holidays. looking forward to the digglers' annual holiday kickoff dinner of going out to eat chinese food tonight
lol damn diggler

someone about to get a visit from the pumpkins of halloween past, present, and future tonight

They call me Jay Electronica—fuck that
Call me Jay Elec-Hanukkah, Jay Elec-Yarmulke
Jay Elect-Ramadan, Muhammad as-salaam-alaikum
RasoulAllah Subhanahu wa ta'ala through your monitor

like GODDAMN dude
Jay is super conspicuous for the references to Judiasm. Wonder why he likes to press that button?

the only thing I can think of is that diggler has a nut allergy and thus is restricted from eating many of the best candy options, so it's soured him on the entire thing even from a young age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back