• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Outback: Beta Cuck Wins Next Chat Thread !!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is regular old Christianity is pretty fucking nuts when you step away from it and consider the practices. It's just normalized.

Ehhhh, the Bible is nuts, but when you take a look at modern, popular protestantism, its pretty bland, normal stuff.

As you mentioned, the biggest distinction is Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, Hinduism, Bhuddism are all based in antiquity, so that gives them more creedence.

But still Mormonism is just a fucking farce. Some dudes that wanted to bang and control multiple chicks decided to hijack Christianity, and made up a new book of the bible that magically gave them that authority, and by the way that new book of the bible just happened to be in fucking upstate New York of all places, because we making stuff up right so fuck it lets not even try.

You didnt have to be the sharpest tool in the shed in 1850 to figure out that was total bullshit.

Mainstream Protestantism has some bland, normal stuff but Catholicism is pretty mainstream and they have the whole transubstantiation thing. I mean that's pretty objectively wild.

Mainstream Protestantism has some bland, normal stuff but Catholicism is pretty mainstream and they have the whole transubstantiation thing. I mean that's pretty objectively wild.

a power rankings of the insanity would be good

immaculate conception
resurrection
transubstantiation

gotta be top 3

jonah living inside a whale
samson kills 1,000 people with the jawbone of a donkey
Methuselah lives for 1000 years
everything about the ark

jonah living inside a whale - I guess you don't believe in Pinocchio either.
samson kills 1,000 people with the jawbone of a donkey - There have long been legends of weapons of mass destruction in the region.
Methuselah lives for 1000 years - Time was measured differently back then.
everything about the ark - Pretty sure the Ark of the Covenant was left here by Aliens. Oh, you mean Noah's Ark? Are you telling me you never seen people and animals killed by a flood?

See above.

buncha science bitches in this thread

reincarnation ftw

immaculate conception
resurrection
transubstantiation

gotta be top 3

t4Blk0a.gif

That's why I take my bible at face value, everything happened as written, Nope. My girlfriends mother is like this and super religious. She goes to some primitive baptist church or something crazy that's essentially a cult. I need to dance around when she plays ask the scientist why people don't live to 300-1000 years old anymore and she thinks it has something to do with the distance we are from the sun and the earth has sped up or some crazy shit.

Just picked up a kitchen sink cookie as my free birthday pastry

You got a free birthday pastry?! I just got a lame-o free birthday soda, tea, or coffee. And as I don't drink two of those, and I loathe Pepsi products, I did not redeem that birthday "treat."

okay someone tell me the best way to manage a long-ass to do list. I am responsible for a lot of projects that my team is working on - about 20 people. I need to find a way to keep them top of mind, as well as not forgetting about the extra admin work I have to do, proposals in process, phone calls to make, personal things to handle, etc. I have tried a lot of apps but can't ever settle on one. I need to track (at any given time) about 50-100 items of the varieties noted above. HALP

and yes, I'm aware that posting here may not be the best way to make a dent in the list

I stared using Trello recently and have liked it so far. I always keep it open in a web browser, but the app is very easy as well. Lets you keep separate lists for separate projects, color code things, add check lists and due dates, etc. I consider myself a pretty organized person anyway, but this has helped me with my to-do lists and having things accessible online and on my phone.

In other news, I was driving behind a huge yellow Hummer today with the license plate "BigSexi." Should've taken a picture.

immaculate conception
resurrection
transubstantiation

gotta be top 3

jonah living inside a whale
samson kills 1,000 people with the jawbone of a donkey
Methuselah lives for 1000 years
everything about the ark

buncha science bitches in this thread

reincarnation ftw

as noted the last time we discussed this, all of these things are perfectly reasonable to believe IF you believe that an all-powerful creator formed the universe and humanity and consciousness and time as we know it out of nothing. If you believe THAT, it's not a stretch to believe the other things.

as noted the last time we discussed this, all of these things are perfectly reasonable to believe IF you believe that an all-powerful creator formed the universe and humanity and consciousness and time as we know it out of nothing. If you believe THAT, it's not a stretch to believe the other things.

i do think this is sound logically, and it reinforces my belief that if there is a god he's an amaaaaaaaazing troll

Yep we went over before apparently the time of elves has ended and it's the era of men, because quite interesting none of this shit happens now a days. It's like most things if your religion gets you through the day great you start projecting it on other people fuck right off.

In other news, I was driving behind a huge yellow Hummer today with the license plate "BigSexi." Should've taken a picture.

If you see it again, please get me Kevin Nash's autograph.

which means there's also reason to believe any of it, either

sure, so long as you can explain where the universe originally came from. that's my logical trail. I also understand that many people instead choose to believe that the universe is somehow timeless in its existence, which, to me, is a more slender limb to go out on.

Yeah but more likely scenario if a God existed. Created something and then let it be or religion way created something, decided to play action figures, manipulated and played around, got bored and here we are.

Sure but I don't think this changes the initial contention from Juice: "The thing is regular old Christianity is pretty fucking nuts when you step away from it and consider the practices. It's just normalized."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back