• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had coffee or a drink w/significant caffeine in almost 1.5 years and my heartburn is significantly better for it. I miss it like crazy though, especially for :poop:, but mostly for the social aspect and joy of having a latte at a nice little coffee shop. Herbal tea just doesn't hit the same.

Windy has to be confused. We're talking poops a day, not jerk sessions.

Damn, Biff just beat me to it.
Yes, he did. He just beat you right to it. Slowly at first. They he began beating you at a medium pace...

Lol. They are definitely more regular (thankfully), but less frequent overall (once a month up from every 2 weeks for most of last year!).

If anyone has any recommendations for fiber supplements, I am listening though. Needs to be something I can easily incorporate into a morning routine (that doesn't necessitate a smoothie).

I switched to fiber gummies and they have been very easy to incorporate. I just take a couple with my first glass of water in the morning and get on with the day. I’ve used both the Miralax brand as well as the Amazon Basics brand and they are about the same as far as I can tell.

Lol. They are definitely more regular (thankfully), but less frequent overall (once a month up from every 2 weeks for most of last year!).

If anyone has any recommendations for fiber supplements, I am listening though. Needs to be something I can easily incorporate into a morning routine (that doesn't necessitate a smoothie).
1712805997619.jpeg
These work wonders…two small wafers in the morning with some sort of liquid and you’ll be producing some solid content

I've been friends with this guy for 12 years. I met him through a networking after hours beer thing back through one of the local business chambers. He and I became buds and over time, I sent my home and auto insurance to him.

Fast forward 10 years...he has 4 kids and now owns another business aside from the insurance business. I actually worked for him to make some side cash when I was going through the final year of my marriage.

That said, about 7 months ago he just randomly ghosted me outta nowhere. Stopped returning calls and texts, including questions I had about my insurance policies with him.

Switching carriers today...Isent him an email to his business email a few weeks ago letting him know im switching providers because I have to know that I can get in touch with my insurance guy...Crickets.

Weirdest shit ever. I know he was struggling in his marriage and he and I would goof off about being roommates one day since he knew I was embarking on my divorce journey. So maybe his wife felt I was a bad influence for him or something? Either way, just a sad ending to what I considered a genuine and long lasting friendship.

That's my story for the day

I think the biggest thing for me is I don't have any enemies. I don't have to walk on eggshells around anyone. I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of fella, and really just try to bring positive energy and support around anyone I'm around. So it sucks I have now have someone who may not be an enemy, but who has created unnecessary strife between us, and who is primed to evolve into enemy territory. I frequent one of his places of business, too, so that sucks.

CT peoples, have y'all had experiences like that in your adult life? Just random friends who turn on you for literally no reason? If so, do you cope by just not giving a shit, or do you try to exhaust every avenue to rekindle the friendship?

1. is he alive
2. people go through shit that they don't/won't share. I have made some changes in my life that not everyone understands; it may feel personal to you but it may be that something completely different is going on that doesn't actually reflect on you at all. You have done your part to maintain a relationship, but if he won't respond, take a few months off and see how you feel. I had some shit dealing with my ex-wife that required me to re-evaluate some relationships and it sucks, but it was ultimately healthier for my personal growth.
3. there are people in your life that are there for a season and that's okay too. not every friendship can or will be lifelong.

1. is he alive
2. people go through shit that they don't/won't share. I have made some changes in my life that not everyone understands; it may feel personal to you but it may be that something completely different is going on that doesn't actually reflect on you at all. You have done your part to maintain a relationship, but if he won't respond, take a few months off and see how you feel. I had some shit dealing with my ex-wife that required me to re-evaluate some relationships and it sucks, but it was ultimately healthier for my personal growth.
3. there are people in your life that are there for a season and that's okay too. not every friendship can or will be lifelong.
Good advice. Appreciate it. I plan to give it a few months and see from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back