• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Tread Raffi - Down By The Bay - Did you ever go to a basketball game, and steal concessions without shame ? ? ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cold weather is only good if it snows, and around here, only on the day it snows and you can enjoy it. after that it's a nuisance.

if only all vermonters adopted this attitude
200.gif

Going to our first jazz game on Sunday to see jazz/bucks. Can’t wait to watch Point God Giannis drop 60.

“Michael Buble high on shrooms at NHL All Star game” is certainly not a headline I expected to encounter today.

Anybody ever been to a Super Bowl?

I've been to four.

XIII - Miami - Pittsburgh over Dallas. Jackie Smith drop in the endzone.
XXVIII - Atlanta - Dallas over Buffalo. Bills fans crying in the stands by halftime.
50 - San Francisco - Panthers lose to Denver.
LIII - Atlanta - Pats over Rams. Sony Michel scores the only TD in the game.

Anyone here been to Quebec City? We'll be up there for a few nights in a couple of weeks. Been to Montreal a thousand times, but never QC.

QC in mid-February is a choice. It's only a 4 hour drive from here, yet I've only been once. It was cool to check out for a couple of days. There's a waterfall bit northeast of the city that is worth looking at.
We visited QC for 4 nights back in August. Stayed at Le Château Frontenac which was interesting. Very touristy but great location right on the promenade overlooking the river.

Take the funicular down to the old historic district (or take the stairs) where there are tons of shops and restaurants. Very European feel. Just enjoyed walking around that area, the promenade, and the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. Drank a lot of beer and liked a microbrewery called La Barberie the best.

The waterfall DiV referenced is Montmorency Falls and they are a short drive out of the city (20min?). Beautiful scenery and there’s a zip line and cable car that you can ride to take it all in with a great view. Don’t know if that will be up and running in February though 🥶.

Directly across from the falls via a bridge is Île d'Orléans. Small island that was one of the first places to be colonized by the French. Felt like stepping back in time as I believe many families have stayed there throughout the generations. A lot of wineries, cheese shops, farmstands…we just drove the circular loop around the island after visiting the falls, enjoying the scenery. But again, things might not be so open in February.

One last thing: Poutine

My brother-in- law just sent me a text of the shitty mre he is eating in the field right now and I texted him back about how my dad used to feed us those when my mom went out of town and made a joke about how he was giving me ptsd. Then I remembered he did two tours in Afghanistan and I realized that sometimes I’m an asshole.

Some of the chatgpt outtakes were pretty good while I worked to finetune the prompts.

LEEBS(sighs)Can we focus, please? Plama, what's going on with the money today?

PLAMA(irritated)People keep losing it. Not my fault.

LEEBS(deadpan)Of course, it's not.

Or

COOKOUT
(change of topic)
Alright, who's up for a UGA sports update from Biff?

BIFF
(excited)
They won last night! Go Bulldogs!

EVERYONE
(faking enthusiasm)
Yay, Bulldogs.

Or

Mako (while nervously rubbing his balding head): Speaking of cats, had to clean up a hairball the size of my self-esteem in the high school hallway today.

Or this one which hit a little too close to home:

Timmy (agitated): Mitch Griffis messed up the report again. Can you believe it?

Windy (interrupting): I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that here.

Everyone (groaning): Windy!

My brother-in- law just sent me a text of the shitty mre he is eating in the field right now and I texted him back about how my dad used to feed us those when my mom went out of town and made a joke about how he was giving me ptsd. Then I remembered he did two tours in Afghanistan and I realized that sometimes I’m an asshole.

I hate it when a joke... bombs.

You're not an asshole. It's probably bothering you more than him.

Anyone here been to Quebec City? We'll be up there for a few nights in a couple of weeks. Been to Montreal a thousand times, but never QC.

We visited QC for 4 nights back in August. Stayed at Le Château Frontenac which was interesting. Very touristy but great location right on the promenade overlooking the river.

Take the funicular down to the old historic district (or take the stairs) where there are tons of shops and restaurants. Very European feel. Just enjoyed walking around that area, the promenade, and the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. Drank a lot of beer and liked a microbrewery called La Barberie the best.

The waterfall DiV referenced is Montmorency Falls and they are a short drive out of the city (20min?). Beautiful scenery and there’s a zip line and cable car that you can ride to take it all in with a great view. Don’t know if that will be up and running in February though 🥶.

Directly across from the falls via a bridge is Île d'Orléans. Small island that was one of the first places to be colonized by the French. Felt like stepping back in time as I believe many families have stayed there throughout the generations. A lot of wineries, cheese shops, farmstands…we just drove the circular loop around the island after visiting the falls, enjoying the scenery. But again, things might not be so open in February.

One last thing: Poutine

There’s a cheese made up there, closer to Montreal, called Oka that we enjoyed a lot. Never seen it for sale at a shop outside of the region. Try it if interested…it’s good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back