• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

I'm pretty sure ejax has given us a couple games now, I think he blew a lead when he was relieving for the barves too.

These late games always get me. Made it through the first three innings and then woke up at 2:30 to see we won. Would be great to take at least three of four from the Friars. Jake going tonight and hopefully won't be giving up home runs like he did in the last outing and we'll get to 80 wins.

Random and not particularly important right now, but the Cubs magic number for the division is 27 and the magic number for home field advantage through the NL side is 33 over the top team (Nationals)

Don't really understand why Edlose is starting for SD. What do they have to gain by throwing him out there? Only positive I can think of is at least it keeps their youngsters' service time down, but doesn't seem a good enough reason.

Keep on Prellin', Preller

Don't really understand why Edlose is starting for SD. What do they have to gain by throwing him out there? Only positive I can think of is at least it keeps their youngsters' service time down, but doesn't seem a good enough reason.

Keep on Prellin', Preller

He's basically free and an innings eater, no reason not to as a 5th starter - if they had someone else they wanted to take a long look at, he likely isn't there, but its the same reason any shitty team still has vets on the roster. And, from everything I have heard, EJax is a pretty good clubhouse guy now.

I particularly don't get it at SP, especially since they had to go out of their way to bring him in in the middle of a turrible year this year. Glad we don't have to watch such crap anymore

I particularly don't get it at SP, especially since they had to go out of their way to bring him in in the middle of a turrible year this year. Glad we don't have to watch such crap anymore

I mean, at some point you don't want to put too many innings on young arms so you need someone to soak up some innings here and there - and Ejax fits the bill as cheap. They also have Clayton Richard starting for them too.

This is starting to get interesting. In the old days, WGN had all of the games, but I hunted last night for the late game (TWC in the Triangle) and couldn't find it. What percentage of games are on live and where do you guys find them?

This is starting to get interesting. In the old days, WGN had all of the games, but I hunted last night for the late game (TWC in the Triangle) and couldn't find it. What percentage of games are on live and where do you guys find them?

Unless they are playing the Reds or the Braves (or are on national tv) then you won't get them.

I have the Extra Innings package so watch on tv/internet.

Yeah Winston is the local market for four teams: Orioles nationals braves and reds. The latter two are on all the time.

Yeah Winston is the local market for four teams: Orioles nationals braves and reds. The latter two are on all the time.

First, I find Cincinnati's baseball team's name to be culturally insensitive.

Second, who wants to watch that crap when the Cubs are on?

You go to one dad rock show at Wrigley and all the sudden you start trying to understand national broadcast contract oddities.

Boy,
I have been watching the Cubs since before you were blaming owgs for the rain.

And yet you didn't know about the blackout rule that's been in effect since 2012, and in legal limbo for nearly 10 years.

Unrelated to their recent success, or your more recent pilgrimage post-frat boy Mecca, of course.

Back