• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Bryant 5-5 with two jacks. Bleachers delivered. Bucket list check off complete.

Awesome. Seemed like a great day out there and even though Arrieta didn't spin a gem, seeing him is great as well. Definitely on my bucket list as well to sit out there and down lots of beer.

Yeah, time to get on sitting in the bleachers numbers.

Though The last thing Wrigley needs is your sports ju-ju

Awesome. Seemed like a great day out there and even though Arrieta didn't spin a gem, seeing him is great as well. Definitely on my bucket list as well to sit out there and down lots of beer.

Jake and Bryant and chapman. Plus an Air Show flyover. Pearl Jam on Saturday. Ain't a bad life.

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 76-43

Congrats JHMD on visiting my favorite place on earth. If I were to win powerball the first thing I would do is buy a place in Wrigleyville and lifetime passes to the bleachers.

Congrats JHMD on visiting my favorite place on earth. If I were to win powerball the first thing I would do is buy a place in Wrigleyville and lifetime passes to the bleachers.

Vrbo is like the bro embassy. Six bedrooms, poker table and a courtyard. I feel like the house husband escapee.

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 76-43

Vrbo is like the bro embassy. Six bedrooms, poker table and a courtyard. I feel like the house husband escapee.

I AirBnB'd a place for myself and a childhood buddy when I was up there 1.5 months ago. $250 for two beds for two nights. Less than mile walk down Clark. It was perfect.

Last edited:
I'm holding out hope for a Red Sox-Cubs World Series. What would I have to pay to get into one of the first two games up here? I have a number in mind and a max amount I would pay. Regardless I would spend the whole day drinking around the area - live under a mile from Fenway

Cubs are calling up Zastryzny and Felix Pena today. Neither were lighting up Iowa, so its a weird move, and the corresponding moves have not been announced yet, but assuming Maddon had enough of Patton. Not sure the other move, maybe Rondon to the DL - can't imagine Grimm gets sent back down, he allowed an inherited runner to score last night, but has pitched really well the last couple of months.

Pena goes to the pen, Zas is a starter - maybe he is going to start instead of Montgomery in Lackeys spot on Sunday? Thats a tough first start in Colorado.

Lackey and Rondon to DL.

Of course happens as soon as the health of our rotation comes up :tard:

Montgomery's spot start Saturday or Sunday and an off day Thursday, August 25th allow the starters to get four days rest and cover the schedule until August 30th. If Lackey's DL assignment is retroactive to August 15th he would be eligible to start on 8/30.

Grimm, Edwards, Wood, Montgomery and Cahill need to step up to the challenge. Patton has an opportunity to show his minor league success translates to the bigs. Pena and Zastryzny should be considered not ready for prime time and used accorgingly.

Dunno if we've announced that we're going four man but I think we should stick with five. We're in a position to not have to push our harms too hard. Keep those dudes healthy for later

Maddon announced that Jason Heyward will be given the weekend off. This seems appropriate given his difficulty at the plate and the fact that Colorado is starting two lefties.

No announced four man rotation but the option is available short term. The way Maddon mix and matches out of the bullpen he may need all available arms.

Cub defense disappears and they lose to the Rockies 7-6 in 11 innings.. Chapman blows a save opportunity and takes the loss. The tying and winning runs score on an double and a terrible relay from Baez that's thrown wildly and ends up in the Cub dugout. A Bryant error to open the eighth opened the door to a three run inning that tied the game. Pena and Zastryzny pitched a scoreless ninth and tenth inning in their MLB debut. Shows how little I know.

Montgomery and Cahill did outstanding work last night and gave the bullpen a day of rest. Montgomery will get another start in place of Lackey to give the rest of the rotation an extra day between starts. Miggy with 3 hits and 3 RBI's finally gets a chance to smile.

Hopefully Hammel can rebound from that quickly, next start will be key.

No 2015-style slide, plz

Back