• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Controversy

Still on the front page on ESPN.com and prominent on Sportscenter.

All pronouns must be stricken from the English language. They are all offensive. Matter of fact we should ban all words. Let's just communicate through audible grunts and beeps.

If he gets fined for being critical of the officials the amount should be no more or less than had he criticized a male official. Including a gender component in the punishment determination would actually be sexist, unlike the actual comments he made.

Shouldn't women be offended that this is a story? The assumption that his comments were directed at the ref because she's a woman should be what's offensive.

No better evidence that the mediadonks & NBA view her as a second-class citizen than the fact that they trip over each other to denounce any criticism directed her way. Chris Paul treated her more as an equal by treating her the way any player would treat any other rookie official, than the coddling she doesn't need and didn't ask for from the league/PCdonks.

Save us from this idiocy.

How often do NBA players sound off on a specific referee?

There is no story. There is no controversy. I watched the game. After the game on SC Wilbon and some homely looking chick brought it up saying 'social media is blowing up'. I checked Twitter for chris Paul or clippers or any related tweets there were none except from reporters suggesting that this was a controversy.

Espn reporting that there was a controversy then sparked a bunch of tweets from people saying huh? There is no controversy.

Football is over and this is a cheap lazy ploy by the media to stir the pot for something to talk about. Pathetic.

There is no story. There is no controversy. I watched the game. After the game on SC Wilbon and some homely looking chick brought it up saying 'social media is blowing up'. I checked Twitter for chris Paul or clippers or any related tweets there were none except from reporters suggesting that this was a controversy.

Espn reporting that there was a controversy then sparked a bunch of tweets from people saying huh? There is no controversy.

Football is over and this is a cheap lazy ploy by the media to stir the pot for something to talk about. Pathetic.

I agree that this is a non-story, but why didn't you describe Wilbon "as a heavy set middle aged guy" in your post?

The PC shit is going overboard. Everyone is offended by everything these days. Our society is so soft.

I agree that this is a non-story, but why didn't you describe Wilbon "as a heavy set middle aged guy" in your post?

because you touch yourself at night

Back