• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Controversy

A much ado about nothing. Good grief. People thinking his statement had anything to do with gender need to get a life.

Coincidental, but interesting that former Wake players have had a knack for referee issues becoming larger stories, i.e. Tim Duncan and Joey Crawford. Michele Robert's statement supporting Paul should be enough to let this die down and I'm sure Paul will learn to be more careful about how he phrases future public comments.

No better evidence that the mediadonks & NBA view her as a second-class citizen than the fact that they trip over each other to denounce any criticism directed her way. Chris Paul treated her more as an equal by treating her the way any player would treat any other rookie official, than the coddling she doesn't need and didn't ask for from the league/PCdonks.

Save us from this idiocy.

This.

Coincidental, but interesting that former Wake players have had a knack for referee issues becoming larger stories, i.e. Tim Duncan and Joey Crawford. Michele Robert's statement supporting Paul should be enough to let this die down and I'm sure Paul will learn to be more careful about how he phrases future public comments.

Not sure how he could be any more careful.

Another ESPN generated firestorm based on twisted facts.

Another ESPN generated firestorm based on twisted facts.

To support his argument that CP is not a choirboy, Skip Bayless brought up the nut punch (but admitted he didn't know what provoked it). Even when there is no story, they have to talk about something.

Militant Feminists are ruining everything. Bunch of bull Ds getting offended for absolutely nothing to push an agenda.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

I actually figured it would be an issue when I saw on the ESPN scroll that he said something like, "If she's going to make that call, maybe this is not for her."

It does come off as sounding pretty sexist. As if she could never referee in the NBA effectively since she's a female.

Ultimately though, this is really not that big of a deal. It'll all be over and done with by mid-week.

What's he supposed to say " ..maybe this is not for him" ?

Exactly.
Ultimately, this boils down to the fact that you're not allowed to even remotely criticize an NBA ref who just happens to be female.

A whole lot of bullshit about a whole lot of nothing.

Back