• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Controversy

This, exactly. Had nothing to do with said ref being a female.

Listen, if you can't be offended when someone didn't actually offend you, then maybe this P.C. witchhunt thing isn't for you...

Being biased towards your own players is not ironic, it's part of of fandom. Or else we all would just abandon the school when they did something we didn't like.

You are a total clown. And you know what is really laughable? Chris Paul has always been a hothead on the court who has indicated with his actions that he is not above playing "dirty" on occasion. And if he had decided to play for Duke or Carolina rather than Wake Forest, the same people like you who now grovel at his feet would have "Redick/Hansbrough Level" contempt for him. The irony is delicious.

Not irony, Bob. Showing off that regional-level education again.

I don't grovel at his feet. He is a borderline dirty player, much like John Stockton. But it is also ridiculous to blame him for not getting to the Final Four, and even more clownish to ignore why he was suspended.

And it was done for folks like you, although I believe the flag was still flying at half-mast that night out of respect for your continued ban of Wake bball

Right and wrong are not determined by the color of the uniform a player is wearing.

There is a huge difference between supporting your team and refusing to accept or admit when one of its players does something wrong.

a lot of hate over the "pc police" on here. i've yet to hear any actual outrage but rather espn trolling for page clicks. seems to me the folks here up in arms should be pointing their rage toward sports media.

Actually, I would think that WF fans would not be so loyal to Chris Paul, anyway, since the program's decline into irrelevance basically began the day he left the team after his sophomore year.

North+Carolina+State+v+Wake+Forest+9pBnfe0aBb9l.jpg

Just imagine how much fun this thread could have been if RJ were still with us. RJ's exodus leaves only BBD and PH as our resident political-correctness experts, BBD avoids the Sports Board because we're all batshit crazy, and PH is too busy defending Brian Williams.

RaleighDeacon does his best to carry the banner, but everybody knows that hes not a true believer but is only doing it because hes horny.

one of the low points in Wake bball history according to bkf, probably:

randolph-childress-o.gif

Just imagine how much fun this thread could have been if RJ were still with us. RJ's exodus leaves only BBD and PH as our resident political-correctness experts, BBD avoids the Sports Board because we're all batshit crazy, and PH is too busy defending Brian Williams.

RaleighDeacon does his best to carry the banner, but everybody knows that hes not a true believer but is only doing it because hes horny.

... this may not be for him.

Meh, I agree it doesn't really mean anything, but saying "Maybe this is not for her" comes across as a snide remark on her being a female. Sorry, but it does.

He's talking about the ridiculousness of a tech being called for what he said in response to something she said. He then goes the route of "if she can't handle something being said like what I said, then maybe this isn't for her." The emphasis is obviously on the situation and not her gender.....Oh, wait sorry I said "her".

For the record, I have said at least twice, I think it is ridiculous that it's an issue too. However, to act like there is zero issue with his choice of words is silly. I'm pretty sure that's not how he meant it, but that is what it sounds like, hence people get up in arms.

Also for the record, my libido has dictated a lot in my life, but in the case of Chris Paul and the female ref, that's not really doing much for me. Might be somebody's thing, but my predilections lie elsewhere. :)

Right and wrong are not determined by the color of the uniform a player is wearing.

There is a huge difference between supporting your team and refusing to accept or admit when one of its players does something wrong.

Actually, I would think that WF fans would not be so loyal to Chris Paul, anyway, since the program's decline into irrelevance basically began the day he left the team after his sophomore year.

Wake Forest was a #3 seed in 2009 and spent most of that year ranked in the top 10. They also were ranked #1 for about a week.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

Was anyone actually surprised when Chris Paul punched Hodge in the nuts?

Back