• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson signs 8-year contract extension

What would 33 acres at that location be worth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What would 33 acres at that location be worth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hard to say. Since we own everything around it, the value is very much tied to us and our development/use plans. We have a lot of control over what happens in that part of town, good or bad. It's probably worth more to us than to anyone else.

Clawson's entire career at Wake was shrouded in deception by one of "Wake's guys". The extension was warranted, IMO. I also like Claw and what he can do here.

An extension, sure. 8 years? Eh.

He also had done a good, not great, job to rebuild the program. I see good things ahead.

Hell, might have saved to sort of lawsuit also, who knows in our AD.

How would Clawson suing Elrod work? Surely he wouldn't sue MSD, IMG, or the endowment management firm.

How would Clawson suing Elrod work? Surely he wouldn't sue MSD, IMG, or the endowment management firm.

IDK, I said might. People sue for all sorts of crazy reasons now a days. Wellman gave him the job...maybe announcer job also. Gave the access since he was a "Wake guy", could be anything that we don't know about or it has nothing to do with the situation. Not a lawyer...

IDK, I said might. People sue for all sorts of crazy reasons now a days. Wellman gave him the job...maybe announcer job also. Gave the access since he was a "Wake guy", could be anything that we don't know about or it has nothing to do with the situation. Not a lawyer...

When is someone going to start a class action lawsuit for the fans?

33 acres there is worth about $330,000 (at most $1,000,000). If anyone thinks it is worth $6,000,000, please call as I have a bunch of Winston real estate to sell you.

Last edited:
33 acres there is worth about $330,000. If anyone thinks it is worth $6,000,000, please call as I have a bunch of Winston real estate to sell you.

There was also an asset on that property that we are currently using. We used it tonight actually!

There was also an asset on that property that we are currently using. We used it tonight actually!

That asset is hemorrhaging money every year. That's why the city sold it--and would have given it away. Another solid "ACC" crowd tonight BTW! lol Serious question, shouldn't someone making a real estate deal for all of us that will impact the next 20 years actually have been in a real estate deal ever in their life.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, $330 is wrong obviously but the land is not worth what we have in it. Now whether or not it should be owned by usis a different issue, I say yes, we need to control the property. There is a lot more to this than is going to be said on a message board, my original point is that the Wellman hate is unproductive, and the entire Joel issue is
Bigger than Wellman.

One thing about being a Wake fan is there are only so many of us, and we have to stick together.

Yes. Wake owns all but the fairgrounds. The parking lot to university, and of course the area of Deacon Blvd. all except for the piece of shit Courtyard Marriott.

Wellman is blamed for everything around Wake. It's really gotten ridiculous. The real estate situation at Wake is significantly more complicated than one person. We do have some problems with Joel. Filling it up would help.

I've always had high hopes for the area around the Joel and football stadium. Just so damn depressing.......those green seats in the Joel.

We are about to invest 80 million dollars in a building that is already antiquated and whose square footage is way, way too large for a school our size. Ole Miss just built a brand new smaller building for that which meets the size of their basketball fanbase. App St. and Elon are doing the same. The Joel is already almost 10 years older than Carmichael Auditorium when it closed. We are doubling down on what was a horrible decision to begin with. To say that I don't like the deal is a huge understatement. I hate the deal. It makes me want to throw up.

Not to mention the overpriced beer and wine for sale at the games.

Back