• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson To Boycott Colbert

DemonDEKEn

Reaction score
http://www.lostlettermen.com/articl...dave-clawson-says-hell-boycott-stephen-colber

Seriously, Coach?! Put on your big boy pants! Hard to believe that you actually felt the need to make a statement about this. If you're going to boycott everyone who gets (or has gotten) a laugh at the expense of Wake Forest football, you're going to get really good at Solitaire. Like they say, "If you can laugh at yourself, then I'll do it for you." #deaconblues #buysomePampers

Last edited:
Kind of silly but I'm glad the coach is pissed off. I don't think you want a coach that shrugs his shoulders and moves on. At least not if you want to win.

The best coaches find motivation in anything. Even Stephen Colbert apparently.

It's a good way to extend the publicity from Colbert's speech. He's going to be the biggest media story of the fall. Attaching the program to it could help but it puts more pressure on Clawson to perform. Otherwise, Wake could be the butt of jokes on a mainstream media stage. If it works out, maybe Clawson gets an appearance on the show leading up to a bowl game.

lol wut? if colbert has clawson on his show within the first few months of him starting the gig he (colbert) is in rough shape. Colbert will not think of WFU ever again most likely.

It's a good way to extend the publicity from Colbert's speech. He's going to be the biggest media story of the fall. Attaching the program to it could help but it puts more pressure on Clawson to perform. Otherwise, Wake could be the butt of jokes on a mainstream media stage. If it works out, maybe Clawson gets an appearance on the show leading up to a bowl game.
This will be forgotten about by the mainstream media by tomorrow.

I took the joke more as a shot at the basketball program than football. :noidea:

link in the OP isnt' working for me, but when I saw Clawson's original quote it was pretty clear he was joking around. He just said he wasn't going to watch Colbert's show for a year.

This is a giant WGAF

This will be forgotten about by the mainstream media by tomorrow.

I took the joke more as a shot at the basketball program than football. :noidea:

It definitely was. That's why it's a stretch by Clawson to get some extra pub.

does clawson supplant bears as Colbert's greatest threat

All reports from within football indicate:

1) Clawson can be a dick.

2) Clawson hates to lose.

3) Clawson is a perfectionist with very high (and some think unattainable) standards.

4) Clawson DEMANDS from his staff and players the same intensity and drive he possesses.

5) Clawson and staff work their asses off every day rebuilding our football program.

I like it. Sounds like we have a real football coach and not a football character. I'm glad he's pissed about being the butt of a joke (although I do think it was more of a basketball dig). So much better than the shrug-your-shoulders, laugh-it-off, LOWF attitude that has clouded our football program for years. I can understand why he's angry at the comment...I wouldn't like to have my job performance and the efforts of my staff & players (some of them sitting in the audience in a cap & gown) ridiculed during a commencement address, especially when he inherited a mess from the former staff.

That being said, no one will remember this tomorrow.

You mess with the Crab, you get the Claw.

Must be a terrible boss!

How many coaches voluntarily followed him to Wake?

All reports from within football indicate:

1) Clawson can be a dick.

2) Clawson hates to lose.

3) Clawson is a perfectionist with very high (and some think unattainable) standards.

4) Clawson DEMANDS from his staff and players the same intensity and drive he possesses.

5) Clawson and staff work their asses off every day rebuilding our football program.

I like it. Sounds like we have a real football coach and not a football character. I'm glad he's pissed about being the butt of a joke (although I do think it was more of a basketball dig). So much better than the shrug-your-shoulders, laugh-it-off, LOWF attitude that has clouded our football program for years. I can understand why he's angry at the comment...I wouldn't like to have my job performance and the efforts of my staff & players (some of them sitting in the audience in a cap & gown) ridiculed during a commencement address, especially when he inherited a mess from the former staff.

That being said, no one will remember this tomorrow.

In other words, Clawson is exactly what we need!!!!

Must be a terrible boss!

How many coaches voluntarily followed him to Wake?

His staff has his same vision and attitude. Sometimes, you have to be an a-hole to be successful. Too many former coaches have been worried about not being the nice guy and have let themselves become a doormat.

Not Dave Clawson.

link in the OP isnt' working for me, but when I saw Clawson's original quote it was pretty clear he was joking around. He just said he wasn't going to watch Colbert's show for a year.

This is a giant WGAF

This.

Back