• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson To Boycott Colbert

Overreaction. The "Duke Sucks" comment has failed to materialize in any of these articles. He was making a joke. It's what he does. Lighten up.

It's a manufactured controversy. Bulletin board material.

I like it, he's out to change the LOWF mentality, time will tell how successful he is, but I like it. Grobe (as I've stated many times, I'm still a Grobe fan) would've got a good chuckle out of it and nodded his head. Glad Clawson doesn't have that mentality.

Yep, well said. Clawson isn't going to be a lap dog for anyone. Being "prickly" is merely a trait of his perfectionism. He will win because he's serious, compelling and won't put up with B.S. Who cares what hepcats think of his comments on Colbert? As said, it's already forgotten by all but this board.

Good point. Just saw your earlier post. Strategically planted this seed.

Exactly. We don't know what Colbert will do on his new show and presumably new persona, but on his old show, he was found of picking random battles that gave the little guy publicity.

Who knows. We could see this one day. It's a good risk to take.

We should just want Colbert and Clawson to be happy in expressing themselves in whatever way they choose to do so!

Agree with Ph. Most likely this goes away, but I would enjoy Colbert fostering a faux rivalry with Clawson if it gets Wake good pub.

Clawson should have let this one go, but it's no big deal. A friendly spat, if Colbert had played along, could have gotten some good pub, but that would have required Clawson not to take it personally, which he clearly did.

Everything in KVegas' posts should be music to the ears of all Deac fans.

Would've been more interesting for cackling David Glenn to ask about Louis Riddick's comments about our S&C program, especially since the topic came up re: Kevin Johnson's rising draft stock under Clawson's tutelage

Screw Steven Colbert!! NOBODY talks about Wake Forest that way!!!! I am offended and have fired off my first letter to CBS and Les Moonves today demanding that Colbert be suspended until he apologizes to Clawson and Wake Forest. Already had the address saved from when they talked about moving NCIS from 8pm to 9pm. I was successful in thwarting that move and I will be successful here too!!! Daily letters and phone calls until they apologize!!! This will not stand!

its what happens when you bring in a bullshit comedy central comedian.

Get back to me when Hannity, Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, etc. host their shows for a week at Camp Victory to raise troop morale. fuckin hollywood librul fo sho.

Better than Chuck Mills making his own jokes about Wake Forest football. Remember his version of the throw and go offense?

Back