• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson To Boycott Colbert

Daren Stolzfus, some sports reporter in Charleston with this gem:

@DarenStoltzfus
Dave Clawson still doesn't realize Wake Forest football is a joke. So cute.

Ironic that it comes from a Tennessee grad.

I don't think that's ironic. Probably wrote that because of the Clawfense.

Yeah I was being sarcastic. I think that's his exact motive - other than being completely unprofessional

Would've been more interesting for cackling David Glenn to ask about Louis Riddick's comments about our S&C program, especially since the topic came up re: Kevin Johnson's rising draft stock under Clawson's tutelage
What exactly did he say? I can't find a tweet or anything about it.

First of all WGAF. Second of all Clawson is taking this program serious. He doesn't take it as a joke. His job is to make sure jokes like what Colbert said are no longer said. Good for Clawson. Love the attitude. Fuck Em We Ball.

@DarenStoltzfus

What is ironic is that Clawson has overcome being the offensive coordinator for Fulmer at Tennessee the year Fulmer got fired, surviving and moving on to be highly successful at Bowling Green and hopefully at Wake

@DarenStoltzfus

Why do sports reporters from Charleston with weird ass names hate Wake?

This whole thing is stupid and doesn't reflect well on Clawson IMO. Also he apparently has no idea that Wake has a long history of not paying its Commencement speaker, which kind of busts up one of this points

This whole thing is stupid and doesn't reflect well on Clawson IMO. Also he apparently has no idea that Wake has a long history of not paying its Commencement speaker, which kind of busts up one of this points

I agree it doesn't reflect well on Clawson, but just because we have historically not paid our commencement speakers doesn't mean we aren't doing so now.

please don't stop millennials on a roll

If Clawson doesn't win it'll be a great taunt though.

"Hey Clawson, nice job saving some trees today ! You Suck ! You Fucking Environmentalist ! You Suck Treehugger ! I didn't even bother buying extra toilet paper !"

This interview from 2016 QB Commit Jamie Newman from the Elite 11 semi-finals may help explain Clawson's motives.

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...tory/1553839-newman-locked-in-with-wake?s=143

Q: What does that mean for you when you see your coach defend the program like he did and go after some one like that?

Newman: It's really exciting. For a head coach of a prestigious program like Wake Forest to actually step out of his character and actually respond to the nonsense, it's actually gets you pumped up to play for that guy.

This interview from 2016 QB Commit Jamie Newman from the Elite 11 semi-finals may help explain Clawson's motives.

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...tory/1553839-newman-locked-in-with-wake?s=143

Q: What does that mean for you when you see your coach defend the program like he did and go after some one like that?

Newman: It's really exciting. For a head coach of a prestigious program like Wake Forest to actually step out of his character and actually respond to the nonsense, it's actually gets you pumped up to play for that guy.
*scratches head*

Clawson's convincing guys that we are prestigious. All that matters, and an impressive job by him

Back