• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson To Boycott Colbert

Full quote from page 2 of today's Chicago Tribune: "I won't be watching his show for at least a year; you invite someone like that - and I'm sure they paid him a fairly healthy sum to be our speaker - and it was not needed and not appreciated."

link in the OP isnt' working for me, but when I saw Clawson's original quote it was pretty clear he was joking around. He just said he wasn't going to watch Colbert's show for a year.

This is a giant WGAF

“I won’t be watching his show for at least a year,” Clawson told Glenn. “You invite someone like that, and I’m sure they paid him a fairly healthy sum to be our speaker, and it was not needed and not appreciated.”

“He got some laughs out of it, which was his goal, but — it is what it is. He spoke the truth. We did not have a good record last year. Our students didn’t get to roll the quad as much as we want. The bottom line is that it’s our job to change that, and we’ll get that changed, and I”m fully confident that will happen,” he said. “Did I like that he said it? No, but he spoke the truth. We need to win more football games here, and I’m very confident that we’ll do it.”

Sounds a little more than a joke, but who knows

Doesn't sound like he's joking around to me. But really, win more games.

For all the whining and complaining (much of it legitimate) on this board about Grobe being too laid back, not getting on officials, not being involved, not being intense, etc., I would think Clawson's mentality should be considered just what the doctor ordered.

Doesn't sound like he's joking around to me. But really, win more games.

He's had one season and inherited a shit show, Rome wasn't built in a day or one season or even two seasons. Be patient friends.

It was from the DG show. Was listening and at first I thought he was joking with the "won't watch for a year" quip. However, he kept going and it was very apparent that he was not very happy with Colbert.

Yeah, I just saw the shortened quote in a tweet from the DG Show. I'm wrong, he wasn't joking. Just a prickly dude.

Yeah, I just saw the shortened quote in a tweet from the DG Show. I'm wrong, he wasn't joking. Just a prickly dude.

I like it, he's out to change the LOWF mentality, time will tell how successful he is, but I like it. Grobe (as I've stated many times, I'm still a Grobe fan) would've got a good chuckle out of it and nodded his head. Glad Clawson doesn't have that mentality.

Last edited:
126th offense in FBS (128 teams)

Love Clawson.

This is dumb.

He sounds like a victim when the ability to avoid mockery is almost completely within his power. Win.

I like the attitude, but feel coming out and saying it the way he did seemed a little whiny, but he conceded that Colbert was right, and he was.

We need to win more games, and Clawson is the man to do that, and I'm glad he agrees.

its what happens when you bring in a bullshit comedy central comedian. Its was true though, I love Clawson, just what little bitty ole wake forest needs.

Perhaps Clawson can teach the administration something of what it means to compete and to be serious about competing and winning?!

Seems like such instruction is direly needed.

Overreaction. The "Duke Sucks" comment has failed to materialize in any of these articles. He was making a joke. It's what he does. Lighten up.

Bobby Lutz has also declared he will not watch Colbert for at least a year also even though his cable provider wasn't making it available.

Back