• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]

April 11th-14th had me in a sweaty panic of denial, followed by sad acceptance, like when I ended up going to junior prom with a friend instead of any number of hot women.

:( Sad but true... :tear: I still remember the disbelief that day, followed quickly by dispair. The despair remains, tinged with anger. :rulz:

I feel sorry for the BSD guys.

They have already had their access taken away from them once before for their opinions. That they even have to censor themselves to please the over-bearing jerk-offs within the Athletic Department to continue to just simply report on Wake Forest athletics, just shows the level of control this current Ath Director is trying to instill.

Just sad to me. I really feel bad for anybody that wants to report something they have heard, but won't because they fear the wrath of an over-bearing jackass that thinks information should be limited to what he deems is worthy of getting out there to the public.

Don't want bad news to leak, Ron? Then don't let your athletic programs become shit shows. Simple. We are not the problem. We are just the medium that the information gets out.

I think it has been stated several times on this board and the other board that Ron Wellman had already made up his mind after the Miami loss about Dino Gaudio. If I am making that up then I apologize. I thought one of the insiders said that Wellman had talked directly to coaches, as well as had feelers out to judge the pulse of the different coaches.

To say that Ron Wellman only looked for a week is a discredit to him as an Athletic Director. If all of the other searches by Ron Wellman took longer than a week, why would this be any different? I am fairly certain that RW did not fire Dino Gaudio with the intention of bringing in Jeff [Redacted]. I do not know this for sure, but he is not an idiot. He thought that he could get a good coach that would take us where he wanted us.

Wellman could have fired Gaudio after the Miami game or after the Kentucky game. He didn't. He waited until after the National Championship game.

Now he waited to fire Gaudio for some reason. Seems to reason he figured conducting his search would benefit from the job not officially being open as opposed to what State, Tech, and other schools are going now. The question is why.

Now regardless of the timing, it's tough to say Wellman didn't fire Gaudio to hire Bz given the speed at which things were done. Even if the search began earlier, I'd imagine Wellman had an idea of where the search was going when he pulled the trigger.

Edit: What happened to the BSD guys?

Wellman could have fired Gaudio after the Miami game or after the Kentucky game. He didn't. He waited until after the National Championship game.

Now he waited to fire Gaudio for some reason. Seems to reason he figured conducting his search would benefit from the job not officially being open as opposed to what State, Tech, and other schools are going now. The question is why.

Now regardless of the timing, it's tough to say Wellman didn't fire Gaudio to hire Bz given the speed at which things were done. Even if the search began earlier, I'd imagine Wellman had an idea of where the search was going when he pulled the trigger.

Of course he completely screwed over Dino in the process. Great culture Ron.

I'm wondering what DV7 is talking about too haha.

Hookers and blow are the way to buy off this board, Mr. Wellman. Hookers and blow.

That is scary. :rulz: To think that our AD might have pulled the trigger on Gaudio KNOWING that he was going to have to hire Bz? Facepalm

Hookers and blow are the way to buy off this board, Mr. Wellman. Hookers and blow.

Wouldn't work on me. I'd just plant the blow on Bz.

Wellman will never buy me off.

Irish is obviously a shameless whore.

BSD - Bondage, Sadomasochism, and Dominatrix - I guess the first two are what Wellman is doing to us fans and the third is why Dino was fired? :naughty:

Wellman will never buy me off.

Irish is obviously a shameless whore.

It's called entrapment! Since Wellman's new culture includes a man who lied to Air Force cadets, I see no reason why it can't include some ladies of the night and cocaine

Your price, Mr. Wellman.

100 million dollars. Then, and only then, I'll shut this site down and return these plebeians to your comfortably controlled D****nSp***s.c*m

dr.evil.jpg

No love. Just gimme dem dollars.

Dino was not a good coach, IMO. I have heard that there were multiple player issues under Dino and agents crawling all over the joint. Also, that Dino didn't give a F about Wake or anyone but himself. I AM VERY GLAD HE IS NOT OUR COACH ANYMORE

I'm tired of all this Brownell worship. He took an experienced, talented Clemson team to a fourth consecutive first round tourney exit and did the same thing his first year at his last two programs.

He's taken one team that he built to the tournament and they lost in the first round as well.

He may end up being great, but [Redacted] coached the Nuggets into the playoffs with Carmelo Anthony and had Colorado in very good shape after being truly abysmal when he got there. Without the benefit of hindsight per this season's results Brownell wasn't some obviously superior choice.

Experienced or not, maybe it's because Brownell took a team picked to finish 7th in the ACC and coached them up to 4th. Maybe it's because he actually got Wright State to the dance (c'mon, Wright St - I grew up in Dayton. That's huge). Maybe its because his teams always play tough, hard nosed defense for 40 minutes and compete.

You don't fire a college b ball coach after a conference tourney when that team is going to the NCAA tournament. I agree that he probably should have fired him closer to the UK loss, but to suggest that a college coach should be fired while the season is still going on is kind of ridiculous.

You don't fire a college b ball coach after a conference tourney when that team is going to the NCAA tournament. I agree that he probably should have fired him closer to the UK loss, but to suggest that a college coach should be fired while the season is still going on is kind of ridiculous.

100% agreed. Would throw completely unnecessary turmoil around the team at the worst possible time.

Is that an accurate timeline, KVegas?

Looks right, I guess...The only thing I can confirm with 100% confidence is that Battle and Larue did not know if they would have a job once the new coach was hired and that they were both interviewed by Bz (with high recommendations from Wellman and several other associates in the basketball community) and had to wait on his decision regarding their employment.

That must have been a tough few hours.

Back