• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]

Agree that people saying anything to his family is way out of line.
I don't fault Bz nearly as much as I fault Wellman for the current state of the program. All Bz did was take a great job at at ACC school that afford him the luxury of being close to his daughter. Any one of us would have done the same thing. Wellman put him in this no-win situation and now unfortunately it looks like Bz's family is paying for it.

+1

Down with Wellman.

I just cannot fathom the thoughts of a person yelling mean things at a coach's wife or children.

What is he possibly hoping to accomplish then? Makes no sense.

HAD ENOUGH
WELLMAN OUT
BUZZ OUT TOO

aston-villa-main-256832578.jpg

That will be fun to unveil at the Joel in January.

Bingo.

The One Man Search Committee was such a stupid and arrogant thing for Wellman to do.

this is by the same guy who said on the "fan forum" that he did not know basketball.
When you are dealing with a small school in a premiere conference like the ACC.......you form a search committee to find a perfect fit.
On top of that, you make sure you can sell your choice to the public and not have numbers contradict the reason to fire the previous coach.
This is AD 101!

I'm stunned by how much Wellman has lost me in just a few short months. He has made PR disaster move after PR disaster move...

Who does he think he is? Buzz?

I'm stunned by how much Wellman has lost me in just a few short months. He has made PR disaster move after PR disaster move...

Who does he think he is? Buzz?

These guys need to keep a PR firm on retainer. We sure pay enough to make it happen...

I had always heard that Brownell was highly interested in the Wake job. But, Wellman never contacted him at all. The reason he went to Clemson was because he couldn't get an interview at Wake. Can someone confirm this? What an enourmous mis step with a successful, young coach.

I'm tired of all this Brownell worship. He took an experienced, talented Clemson team to a fourth consecutive first round tourney exit and did the same thing his first year at his last two programs.

He's taken one team that he built to the tournament and they lost in the first round as well.

He may end up being great, but [Redacted] coached the Nuggets into the playoffs with Carmelo Anthony and had Colorado in very good shape after being truly abysmal when he got there. Without the benefit of hindsight per this season's results Brownell wasn't some obviously superior choice.

Give him a little credit...it was the "second" round, after all.

I'm tired of all this Brownell worship. He took an experienced, talented Clemson team to a fourth consecutive first round tourney exit and did the same thing his first year at his last two programs.

He's taken one team that he built to the tournament and they lost in the first round as well.

He may end up being great, but [Redacted] coached the Nuggets into the playoffs with Carmelo Anthony and had Colorado in very good shape after being truly abysmal when he got there. Without the benefit of hindsight per this season's results Brownell wasn't some obviously superior choice.

Likewise, I'm tired of the Nuggets worship. The NBA is much different than college.

I think every can agree the NCAA completely screwed over Clemson with that play-in/travel schedule that they had to deal with. Everywhere Brownell has been he has been successful. Even vs the Choosen one, Brad Stevens. His UNCW team lost on a prayer by Drew Nicholas in 03. Oh yeah, he is 41. He could have been at Wake for 20 + years. Instead, Wake has Bzz who is 58,000 years old and will be at Wake for 2 years.

I had always heard that Brownell was highly interested in the Wake job. But, Wellman never contacted him at all. The reason he went to Clemson was because he couldn't get an interview at Wake. Can someone confirm this? What an enourmous mis step with a successful, young coach.

I heard (on another board) that Brownell turned us down because Rusty and Battle were included as part of a package deal? I thought that was stange; for a major program to require the new head coach to keep the previous assistants? But it's just another rumor...

It's been speculated that Wellman was looking for a coach who would retain the previous assistants.

That rumor about Brownell was posted here previously as well. The fact that it's even plausible makes me sick.

I could be remembering it wrong, but I thought Wellman specifically said in an interview that he asked that the previous assistants have a chance to interview for the jobs, but that it would be up to the new coach to decide if he wanted to retain them.

You know what? I know a ton of great kids who have recently been students at Wake -- including DaughterSoDear -- who are far from spoiled, who work hard, who have incredible values, etc. So, I respectfully disagree with the assessment that the Wake student body is "a bunch of spoiled brats." The very idea of such a statement is incredible!

I'm not excusing rudeness to family members, but to paint the Wake Forest student body with such a broad brushstroke is not accurate.

Look, people are very, very disappointed that Wake's two biggest sports programs have had rough seasons. They're fans. Disappointed fans carry on.

Back