• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]

I agree that there's no call to say anything to his wife or kids, and it's inexcusable.

Yeap.

As disappointed as I was in this basketball season, I was even more disappointed in our fans.

Wake fans are better than what was displayed this season. Criticism is expected and deserved, but being downright hateful and mean was not. The Bzdeliks are very nice people who really do (did?) love Wake Forest.

The same fat guy yelled something ugly at Ari's mom, too.

I don't like Buzz as our coach, but let me hear somebody say that shit in either instance. I'll put him in his God damn place. Fucking douchebag.

I get what you're saying with this and agree with the premise but no matter how bad of a job he's doing, we shouldn't say "he's putting his family through this." If one of us does a bad job at our work, we catch the blame without putting our family through anything but our own stress. There is absolutely no excuse or reason (and I do know that you were not trying to insinuate that there was) for anyone to take this out on them

No excuse for any fans to say that to his daughter.

But he had to know there was a risk by taking a job at his daughter's school. I feel bad for her that she has to go through this through no fault of her own.

KVegas, smart move on their part.

I get what you're saying with this and agree with the premise but no matter how bad of a job he's doing, we shouldn't say "he's putting his family through this." If one of us does a bad job at our work, we catch the blame without putting our family through anything but our own stress. There is absolutely no excuse or reason (and I do know that you were not trying to insinuate that there was) for anyone to take this out on them

Exactly. That is fucking bullshit. Shame on that man. What a horrible piece of dog shit.

But he had to know there was a risk by taking a job at his daughter's school. I feel bad for her that she has to go through this through no fault of her own.

Dino's daughter's attended and still attend Wake.

They were never verbally attacked.

Neither was his wife.

I would only agree with this to the point of hearing how pissed off people were at her dad. Anything, even to the tiniest degree, is deplorable.

Let me just say...

His wife and daughter did not attend the ACC tournament game.

Christ people suck. It's a fucking game. People really yell at his wife and his daughter? Those people should get a punch to their damn face.

I don't know why anyone would say anything to Bzzz's wife or daughter. I've never seen anything posted online about his wife or daughter. I would guess comments towards them come from asshole malcontents who will complain to anyone about anything.

I think Bzzz is in many ways a proxy for fanbase unrest that is more properly directed toward senior Wake administration officials who appear to be foisting a lot of change upon the program, but are not adequately explaining their rationale for change or how they approach their decision making process. Wake basketball has had a decent (certainly not great) run the last 20 years. Odom and Prosser both showed some promise of taking the program over the hump and making us truly relevant, but neither quite got there. Instead of continuing to push forward, it feels like we've taken a giant leap back in terms of urgency and desire to be a nationally relevant program. No one in the administration has adequately explained why this is happening or what we're doing to fix it. Too many people appear to have become complacent in their positions and arrogant enough that they feel they don't have to explain why we are where we are, and importantly, what we're doing to reestablish urgency and accountability (except in tightly controlled media settings comically titled "fan forums" and on Wake radio).

You're right but I highly doubt that he could have ever guessed that he'd get a lukewarm (at best) reception when hired, have team issues and injuries before the season started, lose this many games and have the fanbase calling for his head before the season was half over.

Naz-T was close enough to hear it, but I don't know if he did.

Pretty sure CJ's dad heard it because he gave the idiot the stare down.

Credit to Courtney [Redacted]...she never even turned around. She ignored him and just kept walking.

I also know that a senior dance team member said something to her at the last home game.

Dino's daughter's attended and still attend Wake.

They were never verbally attacked.

Neither was his wife.

Unless you're both Dino's daughter and wife, "never" is a pretty strong word.

I will say that Dino never had a season this bad.

Agree that people saying anything to his family is way out of line.
I don't fault Bz nearly as much as I fault Wellman for the current state of the program. All Bz did was take a great job at at ACC school that afford him the luxury of being close to his daughter. Any one of us would have done the same thing. Wellman put him in this no-win situation and now unfortunately it looks like Bz's family is paying for it.

You're right but I highly doubt that he could have ever guessed that he'd get a lukewarm (at best) reception when hired, have team issues and injuries before the season started, lose this many games and have the fanbase calling for his head before the season was half over.

I think he probably should taken into account that if she wanted to go to a college where he coached she would have gone to Colorado. Instead she went to a school 1500 miles away. I moved a similar distance to go to Wake, and I certainly would not be enthusiastic if my dad took a job in W-S, especially the most prominent one at WFU.

Now for all I know they had an open discussion about it prior to him taking the job.

I think he probably should taken into account that if she wanted to go to a college where he coached she would have gone to Colorado. Instead she went to a school 1500 miles away. I moved a similar distance to go to Wake, and I certainly would not be enthusiastic if my dad took a job in W-S, especially the most prominent one at WFU.

Now for all I know they had an open discussion about it prior to him taking the job.

You could very well be right about that but I would counter (and I don't know her or anything about her) if you were going to base your decision on anything other than where you're dad works, which would you pick: Wake or Colorado? The only way I'd pick Colorado was if I was a skier or snowboarder

Naz-T was close enough to hear it, but I don't know if he did.

Pretty sure CJ's dad heard it because he gave the idiot the stare down.

Credit to Courtney [Redacted]...she never even turned around. She ignored him and just kept walking.

I also know that a senior dance team member said something to her at the last home game.

Wait....what???

That actually doesn't surprise me. A Wake Forest student complaining when they don't get their way...sounds like the majority of the campus to me. Spoiled brats.

You could very well be right about that but I would counter (and I don't know her or anything about her) if you were going to base your decision on anything other than where you're dad works, which would you pick: Wake or Colorado? The only way I'd pick Colorado was if I was a skier or snowboarder

The basic point is that she seemingly tried to get far away from her family and then 8 months later they followed her.

Unless you're both Dino's daughter and wife, "never" is a pretty strong word.

I will say that Dino never had a season this bad.

You're right. I don't know that they weren't ever screamed at.

They were never verbally attacked and embarrassed at The Joel that I ever heard. Dino had ugly things screamed at him (but that comes with the job), but I never heard anyone say anything to his family.

I apologized to them and told them he was really a UNC fan that was kidnapped and forced to dress in black and gold...not a part of the Wake family. :)

And Mrs. Bz responded that the UNC fans she had met at the Wake-UNC game were nice. :eek:

Back