• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

247Sports saying Tennessee's list is Gruden 1st, then Jimbo Fisher, Butch Jones, Charlie Strong and Larry Fedora (in no particular order).

Would love to see UNC scrambling to hire another coach. With that said, I don't see TN getting Fisher or Gruden, but would guess that Charlie Strong and/or Butch Jones would be more attractive candidates with lower buy-outs.

Manziel was recruited by the previous staff. Kingsbury gets tons of credit though. Manziel is a world better now than he was at the beginning of the season. Kingsbury is a great coordinator, not to mention probably the best QB coach in the country, and will likely be a great head coach, but, if Morris is too inexperienced, I don't understand how Kingsbury isn't also too inexperienced.

Yea guess that wasn't worded the best. I'd be fine with either, the experience of both would be what would scare me the most though. Not that it would completely scare me away from hiring them as a HC.

Former Panther Mike Minter announced today as the new coach at Campbell. He was on Turner Gill's Liberty staff that we saw way too much of in the season opener.

(FYI - Campbell is an FCS non-scholarship program that plays in the Pioneer League with Davidson, Butler, Valpo, San Diego, etc.)

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ
Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes and Mark Stoops have all said "no thanks" to Kentucky.

Local call in show host in Lexington tonight says UK is going to announce the hiring of San Jose St coach Mike McIntyre tomorrow.

The worst facilities in the Pac12, not a lot of money and a not a lot of blue chip talent in-state, Colorado is not an attractive job anymore. They've actually expressed interest in Mark Mangino who hasn't had a job since he was run out of KU in 2009.

Does anyone find it interesting that not one school has expressed any interest in Dabo Swinney over at Clemson? I'm not saying he is a good coach (in fact far from it), but he's won 20 games in the last 2 years and makes a measley $1.9 mil a year. Does everyone know Chad Morris and a weak ACC is the secret to his success?

Does anyone find it interesting that not one school has expressed any interest in Dabo Swinney over at Clemson? I'm not saying he is a good coach (in fact far from it), but he's won 20 games in the last 2 years and makes a measley $1.9 mil a year. Does everyone know Chad Morris and a weak ACC is the secret to his success?

Yes. Even he is probably aware that he is, at best, a part of a coaching triumvirate.

Dabo is a semi-finalist for the Maxwell Football Club Head Coach of the Year award.

Dave Doeren, Northern Illinois
Sonny Dykes, Louisiana
Darrell Hazell, Kent State
Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
Chip Kelly, Oregon
Mike MacIntyre, San Jose State
Urban Meyer, Ohio State
Jim Mora, UCLA
Will Muschamp, Florida
Bill O’Brien, Penn State
Mark Richt, Georgia
Mike Riley, Oregon State
David Shaw, Stanford
Bill Snyder, Kansas State
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M
Dabo Swinney, Clemson

Auburn zeroing in on Petrino

That's a perfect marriage. Pretty soon every coach in the SEC will have coached at every other SEC school. They should make it easier and just rotate coaches according to a fixed schedule.

Dabo is a semi-finalist for the Maxwell Football Club Head Coach of the Year award.

Dave Doeren, Northern Illinois
Sonny Dykes, Louisiana
Darrell Hazell, Kent State
Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
Chip Kelly, Oregon
Mike MacIntyre, San Jose State
Urban Meyer, Ohio State
Jim Mora, UCLA
Will Muschamp, Florida
Bill O’Brien, Penn State
Mark Richt, Georgia
Mike Riley, Oregon State
David Shaw, Stanford
Bill Snyder, Kansas State
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M
Dabo Swinney, Clemson

I know they only went 6-6, but Hugh Freeze deserves to be on these COY lists. To be so close to 9-3 after going 2-10 last year was remarkable. Talk about a culture change.

Kentucky's candidates are Mark Stoops, Butch Jones, and Mike Macintyre. I think Macintyre probably gets the job.

Maybe they'll take another look at Lobo.

:bowrofl:

Back