• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Possibly. We do go into conference play at #52 in the RPI which isn't a bad place to be in, and our non-conference SOS certainly won't hurt us.

I think the UCLA win will end up looking pretty nice. The rest of it, I'm not so sure

Don't Big 10 wins always look good because every team in the conference starts the year overrated and turns out average?

And so it begins.
GT/UNC on ACCN, not being shown here yet blacked out on ESPN3. I live in a mid-range metro area three hours from Chapel Hill. Good job good effort ACC.
But hey, got FSU/Clemson though.

Edit because you GAF: Found it on CBS, guide was saying it was Ohio St/ Maryland women. Good job good effort FIOS.

Last edited:
GT ahead on UNC though it feels temporary. Tim Brandt still loves him some Carolina. Dean Dome still a tomb until the inevitable second half run saves UNC. Good to know there are constants in life.

GT ahead on UNC though it feels temporary. Tim Brandt still loves him some Carolina. Dean Dome still a tomb until the inevitable second half run saves UNC. Good to know there are constants in life.

Yep, this is pretty much exactly how it went.

This is one of Bleacher Report's "bold predictions" for the start of the new year.

The ACC will put ten teams into the NCAA tournament:
"The fact Georgia Tech is even in talks for a NCAA at-large bid says as much about the Yellow Jackets as it does about the ACC’s power in numbers.

Getting 10 teams in the tournament isn’t outlandish in this particular year, when the Pac-12 doesn’t seem as strong and not as many of the middle-tier conferences will figure to suck up as many bids (the West Coast Conference, for example, looks clearly like Gonzaga’s turf even with the Bulldogs down—and neither BYU nor Saint Mary’s is putting together incredible early-season portfolios).

Tech has defeated Tennessee and VCU on the strength of an improved offense that has avoided some of the snake bites of last year's struggles in close games.

We know the ACC is loaded—North Carolina, Miami, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Duke, Louisville and an improved Wake Forest. This is a league that could cannibalize itself a little bit over the next couple of months.

That could mean some bad things when we start talking NCAA tournament seed lines. As for bids, however, a perfect storm could be gathering for the blue-blood league to get a hefty number of teams in the field."

Although relatively meaningless, a media outlet out us in a grouping with Duke, Miami, UNC, Virginia, and Louisville. That's quite the step from year one to year two for manning. The Deacs are getting a little bit of recognition.

State losses to VT. That's a road game you want to pick up.

State looked in control almost the whole game. Missed FTs hurt them a lot. Also their late game/OT offensive was iso for Cat and not much else.

State looked in control almost the whole game. Missed FTs hurt them a lot. Also their late game/OT offensive was iso for Cat and not much else.

Don't ever underestimate Gott. He probs had some Blacksburg coed on his mind.

Also, again we have the dumb focus on Simmons. I'll enjoy watching him lose.

Really weird looking court. Don't like it.

I'll never forget last time we played there. We were about to beat a ranked vandy team until wake forest shit happened. I'm referencing the Ish smith one man break when he slipped(from literally running too fast) without a defender within 30 feet of him.

Damn. Vandy has fallen off a cliff since beating us. They've lost 5 of 8. At the end of the year will Vandy look back and say we were one of their marquee wins?? Very strange indeed

Back