• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

DM needs to spend some quality time with Self this weekend about how to build our program- working towards a #1 seed! :)

And enjoy the time with your son Coach! :thumbsup:

Glad he gets to watch his kid. Let's hope this is the last year he isn't fully occupied with his job this time of the year.

Maybe he can get a few pointers from Self to help with the difference between where he was and being head coach in a P5 BB conference. Last year he was busy getting in bodies. Now he has a little bit of time to reflect on what happened, and (hopefully) figure out how to not repeat. At least find something new to do.

BC's big revenue sports hit bottom, stirring scrutiny

But BC’s athletic director Brad Bates said there is no sugarcoating the school’s plight.

“The reality in college sports is that you have to win in football and basketball, and in both those sports we’ve just had terrible seasons,’’ Bates said. “It’s definitely not fun to go through at all, but it flat-out motivates us not to go through it again.’’

The same thing happened to me in my own bball days, 'cept in a playoff game. One out of three fugging FTs down 2 with seconds left. Darius Washington, this reddit goof and I know the same(?) pain

Daniel Green (mostly sitting on the bench) on ESPN2, fyi.

St. Joe's just won the A10 title with only 5 turnovers against VCU. It must be nice to be well coached.

TUA, will you be more/less pissed if Temple gets left out again this year?

I'd be a little nervous if I were you b/c their metrics (i.e. Kenpom) are turrible

so they announce the brackets at 530 this year or just the pre-bracket announcement hype?

TUA, will you be more/less pissed if Temple gets left out again this year?

I'd be a little nervous if I were you b/c their metrics (i.e. Kenpom) are turrible

I am more nervous this year than last because I felt great going into it with that Kansas win in our pocket. This year I will be more pissed. I don't think this years team is better than last years and they most definitely over achieved but I will be very pissed if St Mary's, San Diego state or South Carolina get in over them. And even cincy. Everyone says they are in for sure but temple swept them and won the league out right .

So I felt more confident last year but will be more pissed this year. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
This year has the makings of it being their year. 4OT, 3/4th court shot, only in because of a few wins in conference tourney.

Back