• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colorado vs Arizona

wakedeac98

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the end of the Colorado/Arizona basketball game?

Colorado hits a 3 in a tie game at the buzzer to apparently win it, but the refs review the video and then waive it off. Except ESPN showed both angles where there was 0.1 seconds still left on the clock when the ball was clearly out of the shooters hand.

If I was Tad Boyle, I would have removed my team from the court and refused to play OT and filed an official grievance with the PAC-12. This was not a judgement call. The conference would had to have awarded them the game under protest because of the indisputable video evidence. I think it's a protest they would have won.

Instead they played and got beat easily in OT.

I haven't been this mad about a sporting event that I really didn't care about either team in a long time.

Yea, I agreed the Buffs got screwed... The angle from behind the shooter wasn't AS obvious - you couldn't tell as easily when the ball left contact with his fingers. The view from the side made it abundantly clear that it was away before the clock ran out. I don't know if the officials saw both views - if they did I have no idea how they could have waved it off...

Kind of reeks of officials in Pac 12 wanting to keep their best team undefeated in front of its home crowd. If this happened to us tomorrow against Duke I might never watch another college basketball game.

i assume basketball has a similar rule as football that it has to be definitively clear to overturn the call on the court? the first frame on the camera where the light is on, the ball is 100% out of his hand. the last frame with the light off, the ball looks to be out of his hand, but i'd hear an argument that it's not definitive and that a fingernail or something could have still been on it. however, given the fact it was called good on the floor, it's ridiculous to overturn it based on the replays.

still not as bad as fucking up the measurement with the first down chains, though. although that fuck-up gave us the clowney hit so maybe that ref should be rewarded.

Yea, I agreed the Buffs got screwed... The angle from behind the shooter wasn't AS obvious - you couldn't tell as easily when the ball left contact with his fingers. The view from the side made it abundantly clear that it was away before the clock ran out. I don't know if the officials saw both views - if they did I have no idea how they could have waved it off...

This...this...this...

Bad calls happen. They shouldn't but they do. They could have taken the refs out of the game but didn't.

They can be upset with the refs, but they should be far more upset with themselves.

Bad calls happen. They shouldn't but they do. They could have taken the refs out of the game but didn't.

They can be upset with the refs, but they should be far more upset with themselves.

That's fair, the flip side being that they also did well enough to gain that huge lead, which they should get credit for as well.

Basketball is a game of tuns. You don't get credit for building a lead unless you keep it.

There is no excuse of the refs to miss a call they can look at on instant replay, nor should it matter that Colorado had a big lead and blew it. If they lost the game because of a bad call, it's no more fair or unfair than if the game had been close the whole game and that shot would've won it at the buzzer.

Man I hate this argument.

Then you'd hate most coaches. That's what they would say.

Then you'd hate most coaches. That's what they would say.

Of course that was coaches say - they aren't going to blame the referees publicly or to their team, but obviously they know they got screwed. They did enough to win, and it was taken away from them by terrible officiating. What you are arguing is that because they did not play the rest of the game perfectly IN EVERY WAY, they didn't deserve to win.

Terrible. The Pac 10 should award the game to Colorado. The game was over except for that call.

Frist of all my bad. It was SEVENTEEN not Twenty-Four

Wrong, They didn't have to play it "perfectly". They could have lost the rest of the game by SIXTEEN points. Is it too much to ask not to give up FIFTY-THREE points in the second half? If they had played ONE more decent D they would have won.

They were up EIGHT with 1:44 left. They had a two point lead with two FTs at 0:16.

It sucks the refs took the game from them, but the fact is they had many chances not to let this happen.

Frist of all my bad. It was SEVENTEEN not Twenty-Four

Wrong, They didn't have to play it "perfectly". They could have lost the rest of the game by SIXTEEN points. Is it too much to ask not to give up FIFTY-THREE points in the second half? If they had played ONE more decent D they would have won.

They were up EIGHT with 1:44 left. They had a two point lead with two FTs at 0:16.

It sucks the refs took the game from them, but the fact is they had many chances not to let this happen.

Yeah, but my point is that it shouldn't make it any less unfair just because they had a big lead at one time. If the game was a nip and tuck the whole game and they lost on the same call, is that any worse? It's a 40 minute game and if one team has more points or in this case should've had more points than the other team when the clock runs out, then that team wins. Doesn't matter if the winning team had a big lead and almost blew it or if the winning team trailed the whole game until they make the last second shot to finally take a lead.

Back