• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colorado vs Arizona

Katz said on twitter last night that their feeds on the court aren't in HD, in which case I'd go so far as to agree with Boyle that there really shouldn't be replay, especially if crap like this can happen with a bad feed

When I read that I got an image in my head of the refs going over to the monitor and having to move around the rabbit ears to try to get a clear picture.

When I read that I got an image in my head of the refs going over to the monitor and having to move around the rabbit ears to try to get a clear picture.

Haha that's what I feel like nowadays if I see something in standard definition

RJ's really being an asshole on this thread. Coaches get fined thousands of dollars for criticizing the refs, that's why they don't do it.

i assume basketball has a similar rule as football that it has to be definitively clear to overturn the call on the court? the first frame on the camera where the light is on, the ball is 100% out of his hand. the last frame with the light off, the ball looks to be out of his hand, but i'd hear an argument that it's not definitive and that a fingernail or something could have still been on it. however, given the fact it was called good on the floor, it's ridiculous to overturn it based on the replays.

still not as bad as fucking up the measurement with the first down chains, though. although that fuck-up gave us the clowney hit so maybe that ref should be rewarded.

Agree 100%.

The ESPN announcer misleads the viewer when they freeze it from the side with the ball clearly out of his hand and the clock in the lower right corner of the screen still at 0.1 seconds....even though the light is on the backboard and the clock above the backboard reads 0:00.

Here is the misleading screen shot from ESPN that I reference above and in my last post. Light on and "real" clock at 00.0, but everyone looks at the 00.1 in the corner.

A_vBCodCUAAOf68.jpg:large

ScreenShot2013-01-03at7.52.59PM_crop_exact.png

The above shot doesn't mean much since the clock is at 00.0, but it does show it was close.

The still before the Deadspin video is probably the best evidence he got the shot off in time.

Anyone else remembering the Laron Profit and CC Harrison games at the Joel in 1997? :mad:

I missed this last night & am just catching up on it...

I see the director of officials for the Pac-12 had this to say:

"Game officials reviewed video replays of the end of regulation in accordance with NCAA playing rules and determined the ball was still on the shooters' fingertips when the official game clock on the floor expired. Per Conference protocol, the officials conducted a thorough review court side and viewed multiple angles of the play before confirming the ruling. I have reviewed the video replays and agree with the ruling."

Unless he has access to something us common-folk don't, what he said is a quintessential example of my biggest personal pet-peeve in all of sports.

Back