• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colorado vs Arizona

I'm not saying the refs shouldn't have overturned the call.

Frist of all my bad. It was SEVENTEEN not Twenty-Four

Wrong, They didn't have to play it "perfectly". They could have lost the rest of the game by SIXTEEN points. Is it too much to ask not to give up FIFTY-THREE points in the second half? If they had played ONE more decent D they would have won.

They were up EIGHT with 1:44 left. They had a two point lead with two FTs at 0:16.

It sucks the refs took the game from them, but the fact is they had many chances not to let this happen.

It is always easy to sound rational when it isn't your team. You view point may change if it happens to Wake on Saturday.

It is always easy to sound rational when it isn't your team. You view point may change if it happens to Wake on Saturday.

If we build a big lead in Durham I would probably be so shocked I'd pass out, so I might not even be conscious to see us blow it.

Like I have been saying for years, the reffing in college hoops is beneath all criticism. They blow calls no one should miss, like this one. Matters are made even worse when refs try to help certain marqee teams, like in this case.

By the way, I saw the replay - but not those from the side - and I thought that the refs had made a mistake when they reversed themselves based on the video review. The latest evidence proves that without any doubt.

Boyle admitted they should have rebounded better and hit more FT's in order to win the game. Still doesn't excuse the refs. Overturning a call that is that close should not happen.

Boyle also said they need to get rid of replay and just let the refs decide it since human error is a part of the game. I disagree, I think replay is good to have if the refs know how to use it. If you can't tell in 1-2 viewings, then it's too close to reverse the original call.

Boyle admitted they should have rebounded better and hit more FT's in order to win the game. Still doesn't excuse the refs. Overturning a call that is that close should not happen.

Boyle also said they need to get rid of replay and just let the refs decide it since human error is a part of the game. I disagree, I think replay is good to have if the refs know how to use it. If you can't tell in 1-2 viewings, then it's too close to reverse the original call.

I disagree with getting rid of replay as well, but there needs to be very harsh ramifications if they get a call wrong that is pretty clear on replay. It's one thing to get it wrong in real time, that's human and understandable, to get it wrong after looking at a replay that is pretty clear is not understandable.

That one wasn't even THAT close. The still shots make it pretty clear. The refs must not have known the red light is what counts.

That one wasn't even THAT close. The still shots make it pretty clear. The refs must not have known the red light is what counts.

Which would be even more pathetic since we even know that. I read an article last year or the year before, but it talked about how the college basketball refs are basically independent contractors and make their own schedule and what happens is these crews might do 7 or more games a week since they aren't tied to conferences. It said there have been cases of crews doing more than one game in a day. They keep such a full schedule to make as much as possible during the season, but the article talked about how it probably led to poor officiating from the fact the refs were trying to keep unrealistic schedules. Still, being tired or jet-lagged or whatever is no excuse for not being able to watch a replay and get a call that was pretty clear correct.

Can the PAC-12 retroactively award the game to Colorado? The video evidence is very clear. There really isn't a gray area. And since it was the last play of the game it should have been over. If there was ever grounds to reverse the outcome/winner of a game based on a protest, this would be a prime candidate.

Bad calls happen. They shouldn't but they do. They could have taken the refs out of the game but didn't.

They can be upset with the refs, but they should be far more upset with themselves.

RJ channeling his inner thereff.

RJ channeling his inner thereff.

Not at all, TheReff is annoying for always defending the refs no matter how bad the call, and peddling SEC/South Carolins BS. Don't see how that is related to RJ's points at all

Yea, I agreed the Buffs got screwed... The angle from behind the shooter wasn't AS obvious - you couldn't tell as easily when the ball left contact with his fingers. The view from the side made it abundantly clear that it was away before the clock ran out. I don't know if the officials saw both views - if they did I have no idea how they could have waved it off...

Probably because the clocks don't match up. Which clock are you looking at on the side angle?

On that Deadspin link at about the 0:52 second mark, the clock on the bottom right corner reads 0.1 seconds while the clock above the basket reads 0.0. WTF?

Still don't know how they overturn the call on the floor.

Probably because the clocks don't match up. Which clock are you looking at on the side angle?

On that Deadspin link at about the 0:52 second mark, the clock on the bottom right corner reads 0.1 seconds while the clock above the basket reads 0.0. WTF?

Still don't know how they overturn the call on the floor.

Even from the side angle you could see the clock on top of the backboard, and you could see when the backboard lit up. The clocks don't necessarily line up and the one on the backboard is the official one. The ball was away in time.

RJ, don't make me disagree while being disagreeable. Buffs got robbed. Knock it off.

Katz said on twitter last night that their feeds on the court aren't in HD, in which case I'd go so far as to agree with Boyle that there really shouldn't be replay, especially if crap like this can happen with a bad feed

Back