• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Making my prediction now that FSU and Clemson lawsuits are going to be successful and they will have relatively small exit penalties/media rights losses.

UNC will have the pick of wherever they want to go. Neither the SEC or Big 10 is in NC, and UNC is the biggest brand in NC by far. The only thing stopping them would be if the state of NC blocks them because State is not part of the move. It's read they want to make UNC and State a package deal or at least get State into the P2.
I could see UNC to the Big10 and NCSU to the SEC, which would receive the NC legislature's blessing. You can make the arguement that NCSU brings nothing to the SEC table, but a large land-grant university in the 9th largest and growing by population state in the country is going to be an attractive poor-man's UNC at some point.

Making my prediction now that FSU and Clemson lawsuits are going to be successful and they will have relatively small exit penalties/media rights losses.
What is your thought process for any exiting schools getting their media rights back before 2036? Texas and Oklahoma each paid $50 million to get out of one year of a similar contract.

What is your thought process for any exiting schools getting their media rights back before 2036? Texas and Oklahoma each paid $50 million to get out of one year of a similar contract.
Just making a prediction based on the momentum for FSU’s legal arguments I have noticed online, mostly from The CFB subreddit (not FSU fans). I’m not familiar at all with that Big 12 exit agreement situation so I can’t comment on that.

Guess you forgot that the ACC started this madness by raiding the Big East in 2004 for VT & Miami, then getting BC in 2005.
True but those Big East teams were looking for a new home anyway. Someone was going to raid the Big East.

Just making a prediction based on the momentum for FSU’s legal arguments I have noticed online, mostly from The CFB subreddit (not FSU fans). I’m not familiar at all with that Big 12 exit agreement situation so I can’t comment on that.
Isn't the ACC GoR based on the Big 12 GoR?

I agree with this.
Me too. You're not gonna catch the sec or big ten in football. Might as well be the best basketball conference. I read that this March madness is the most watched in history with second round games averaging 10 million viewers. If that trend continues there could be some decent payouts being best in basketball

if/when the GOR is not as enforcible we should be on the phone, if we arent already, with Big12 schools

We should honestly just merge with the a Big 12 and have an east and west division.
Why?

Next year, that would make the ACC/Big 12 a thirty team conference... Seems like a lot. Perhaps, the conference tournament would be played in an AAU like format:

Reno_Adjusted_5.jpg

IIRC, the ACC gets more CFP money than the Big 12, and the ACC gets more from its media contract; the ACC has its own network; what does the ACC get by merging with or affliating with the Big 12.

Not asking to adversarial, just curious what the ACC gets by an affliation with Texas Tech, Baylor, UCF and Cincy and the rest of the programs that neither the Big 10 nor the SEC wanted.

Last edited:
you don't think traditional regional rivalries mean anything? it's the basis of college sports.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
In recent history, no. UT left OU. Oregon left Oregon State. Washington left Washington St.

I’m sure there are other examples.

I do not know how the UNC system is governed, but maybe UNC is required to drag State with it.

I am not privy to all the details of the case but how does FSU get past the statute of limitations on their case?

Wake Forest should launch their own lawsuit against FSU and Clemson today. Stop wishing and hoping. Muck it up. Partners sue partners everyday.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Back