• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats Deacs!

defense was good.

execution???? eh............

Good defense. Mediocre offense. Not really surprised. Still a long road to 0.500.

Thanks, Stack Fan. Just happy to see some good basketball being played. These kids get it. Fun to watch.

Thanks, Stack Fan. Just happy to see some good basketball being played. These kids get it. Fun to watch.

That wasn't good basketball and it certainly wasn't fun to watch. We won. Whoopie.

That's the end of it.

Fun to watch? hahahahaha. Stop kidding yourself.

You could say it was fun to watch if we had closed them out decisively during the last ten minutes. But we struggled terribly. A win is a win, however. We'll take it.

Congratulations to the players and to Bz. I still want him gone tomorrow, but he had them ready to play. They played hard the whole game and tough nosed defense put UVA just a big enough hole to hold on.

Hey, they were 27 or 28 in Ken Pom. If we have a bad coach and bad talent how did we win?

They have lost to 3 CAA teams. Very good defensive team that is limited on offense so they can have some stinkers.

Has nothing to do with the fact that our end of game execution was poor.

Played great for 28 minutes.

We won. I'm good with that. The end of game coaching I'll leave for others.

They beat the tarheels and we beat them. I dont care if we didnt score in the second half.

Hey, they were 27 or 28 in Ken Pom. If we have a bad coach and bad talent how did we win?

Virginia seems to be a team with an extremely high variance. They beat Wisconsin and UNC, but also lost to Old Dominion (2-13), Delaware (7-8), and George Mason (8-6). Like any team, they have good nights and bad nights, but seem to take it to the extremes.

From watching the game, well, I don't think this was a good night for them (and not just because they lost to a 7-6 Wake Forest team).

Virginia seems to be a team with an extremely high variance. They beat Wisconsin and UNC, but also lost to Old Dominion (2-13), Delaware (7-8), and George Mason (8-6).

That's what happens when you play slow-down, defense first, second and third basketball.

And oh yeah, those teams tend to be overrated by one Mr. Pomeroy

Back