• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats Deacs!

That was a great win for us. I don't see how any Wake fan could be disappointed in a win.
FYI, UVA leads the ACC in scoring defense with a 50.8 average. UNC just dropped 52 large on them. When we can again mention Wake and UNC in the same sentence in hoops it's a good thing. When we have something to rub into their fans' faces it's worth enjoying.

That was a great win for us. I don't see how any Wake fan could be disappointed in a win.
FYI, UVA leads the ACC in scoring defense with a 50.8 average. UNC just dropped 52 large on them. When we can again mention Wake and UNC in the same sentence in hoops it's a good thing. When we have something to rub into their fans' faces it's worth enjoying.

Maybe it's semantics, but this wasn't a GREAT win. It was a NICE win. It was the kind of win that used to be expected for our program - and always should be. I don't care about the style or anything, I just care about the mentality and expectation that we should hold court against UVA, and teams like UVA, at home.

Be a good fan. Don't buy the AD's repackaging of an old product. That's what THEY want us to think. Man.

When you take 30-35 seconds on every possession, you won't give up many points.

We were burning clock starting with 7 or 8 minutes with a big lead; and doing it the right way - burn 10-15 seconds then look for a good shot. I am amazed how many teams don't do that. We missed some shots, but closed out.

No when you are burning clock the right way, you score at the end of the play. Buzz seems to have really helped to lower your standards. In fact, the goal of just about every possession in the game - save when you are way ahead, being a good sport, and just waiting for the clock to expire - is to score. You also shouldn't be amazed because a lot of teams forget to score when holding the ball, that's how other teams come back on them. Happens all the time. And, by the way, we missed all of our shots, not just some during the last ten minutes. I guess, you didn't you notice that either.

Seems like you really need to relax and take a better look at what is happening right under your nose.

In any event, we won, and that's the most important thing.

Good win...especially for the young guys confidence.

It was a fun game to watch for the first 28 to 30 mins. If we can duplicate that we have a chance to win more games than most of us (myself included) think. Our defense was the best it's been since [Redacted] got here (plus Virginia can't shoot), and [Redacted] and the staff had us prepared for what Virginia wanted to do on both ends of the court.

On the other hand, the last 10 to 12 minutes was painful. We oversimplified and started running the clock way too soon. [Redacted] had no clue what to do to settle us down and get us out of that funk. 10:44 without a field goal is not just cold shooting and missed layups. It's bad scheming/play calling too. We were killed on the boards the whole game. Outrebounded 40-24 and 17-5 on the offensive end. You will win very few games getting out rebounded like that.

My takeaways:

If we can play 40 minutes like we did the first 30 and match the defensive intensity we showed last night, this team could win 6 to 7 conference games maybe even 8.

If we continue to have long scoring droughts and continue to get manhandled on the boards, we're still only a 3 to 5 win team in the ACC.

I think the next 3 games (BC, Clemson, and VT) will tell the story. 3 winnable games. Need to win at least 2 out of 3 as the schedule gets much, much tougher over the next 6 games after that (State, @GT, Duke, @ Maryland, @UNC, Florida State)....

That's not saying much after 2 1/2 seasons! And we barely held on ......

Ten of the last 11 teams Va faced would trade with us.... And yes, we sucked down hte stretch, but hopefully will learn from it.

GREAT WIN for the DEACS... Honestly, I believe I'm eating crow about [Redacted]... That was a damn good defensive effort and offense is improving slowly but surely... I'll be at the game Saturday... Go Deacs...

Good defense. Mediocre offense. Not really surprised. Still a long road to 0.500.

UVA is the #2 scoring defense in the country. We scored more than they average giving up and that was with shitting the bed in the last 10 minutes.

Back